zmninja and h.264(stotagelocations) branch

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
evolotion

zmninja and h.264(stotagelocations) branch

Post by evolotion »

Just to say firstoff, use zmninja pro to keep an eye on my wee garage and it works like a champ.

I have set up a second server to experiment with the experimental branches of zoneminder (both servers being fed by the same cameras)

I have it set up so the low resolution camera feeds are set up normally in modect(or mocord cant remember) and the high resolution feeds are set to record and passthro (H.264) with no analysis, jsut dump to disk.

zmninja works straight out the box and perfectly with the low res feeds, and can monitor the high res feeds just fine in montage. the only thing it cant seem to do is playback the stored recordings from the high res feeds. no an issue really as I can see low res events just fine. Im wondering if this is likely to be supprted in future as ( I hope) the h264/storageareas features will be merged with the main branch as it really is awesome.

Am not asking for a feature request, as it relating to an experimental branch and frankly thatd just be cheeky, but this branch is proving stable enough i may migrate my main server over to it and would be nice to have it all working in zmninja if its on the horizon.
asker

Re: zmninja and h.264(stotagelocations) branch

Post by asker »

Hi, this may be a bug, because zmNinja should already support it. I don't use multi-server at all.I only have one access to multi-server/multi-storage and that is Isaac's system - works there.
Any chance you can get me access via a test account (ZM portal) to your system? I can tinker and figure out what is going wrong and patch it.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
evolotion

Post by evolotion »

I think the reason it perhaps doesnt work is the passthro feeds are set to record and not associated with other monitors, when associated the passthro would brake up the stream to the pre-event, the event, and post-event and one or more of these would get corrupted fairly regular. .

so i set it to just record and nothing else. zoneminder logs events every 10 minutes, but zmninja does not see these events so there is nothing to click on.

Ill set up a guest account justnow and PM you details, if you need more permissions or that lmk but I have not as yet backed up this machine (as its just an experiment) so dont go too nuts :lol:

I have just cleared the small camera recordings as moved them from one storage location to another so will take a few hours for some events to get logged.
evolotion

Post by evolotion »

I just did a forced web event on monitor 1 and when in zmninja, clicking on monitor and events it is there, and it plays perfectly fine.

annoyingly the pre and post event recoding is corrupted when atempting to view on the web interace :( but this is nothing to do with zmninja
asker

Post by asker »

Yup I was about to post - I can see your videos in zmNinja desktop - some are not playable - maybe corrupted? but some are.
Note that when you try zmNinja mobile, it may restrict the video format further - mobiles are more restricted

Also to make zmNinja "see" events without alarms select "show all events" (... button on top)
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
evolotion

Post by evolotion »

sorry perhaps a bad time for you to have a noesy, i was migrating to a new drive a few hours ago and didnt have permissions right for a while so quite a lot of events were simply empty, a few of the cameras listed reboot themselfs randomly which causes issues too (hence the new cameras in similar positions).

Show all events does what I wanted :) thankyou, the only issue is I need to have the high res monitors enabled on the montage screen, I only had the low res monitors enabled.
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

I just checked and I can view events from h264 passthrough cameras in Record mode in zmninja. I am using on local wifi as files can be large.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
evolotion

Post by evolotion »

AS above show all events works fine, the only caveat is if you have the high resolution feeds hidden in montage (to save bandwith) they dont show in the events. not a big deal, have just enabled all feeds in montage and it works like a charm.