zmNinja, ES+ML support discontinuation notice (in advance) : EOY 2021

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
yannlieb

Re: zmNinja, ES+ML support discontinuation notice (in advance) : EOY 2021

Post by yannlieb »

alabamatoy wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:57 pm
yannlieb wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:32 am I just bought the app on the 9th afternoon ! Will I get a goodie for being the last customer ? ;-)
Need to check timing, I (actually a friend, at my urging) bought iOS ZM late afternoon of 9th, purchased while enjoying a beer or 3 at Mike's Hole In The Wall bar. Not asking for $$ back, but the timing just made me laugh.....
I'm European time, so I think you're the one eligible for the goody ;-)
sipi

Post by sipi »

The app is great. I'm sorry you don't have time to develop it. I hope someone takes over the development of the app.
Thank you for many years of dedicated work.
gigawebs

Post by gigawebs »

Thank you for all the efforts! And hopefully someone else will take over the developping.
webdr

Post by webdr »

1) We cannot thank you enough for your work! I haven't used zmNinja, however, zmEventnotification / ML are key components of my overall satisfaction with ZoneMinder.
2) Without your efforts, dlandons/zoneminder.machine.learning container might not have happened, so your work is foundational to that work.

Will you be leaving your donate link available? I would like to contribute again.

I will be interested in participating to maintain / advance these projects, to that end, I have forked these, and I signed up for free slack account, but cannot use slack workspace link you've posted, perhaps its by invite only?

Again, I've always been a fan of yours, not just on these projects.
-WebDr
Reeko

Post by Reeko »

Thanks for the great work! the app is really great and worth it! :D
Unfortunately, I bought ZMninja a month ago or so, it's really a shame I can't take the benefit of it longer...
I'm not asking for any $$ back either, I only feel it's a shame I will soon have to think about something else :?
Cheers!
dad1

Post by dad1 »

Asker,

Sorry to see you go. But thank you for producing a great app. zmNinja is a vital part of my ZM set up and has huge WAF. I wish I had the skill to take it on.

Quick point - when I try to access the cloud instructions link I get an '1020 Access denied' error from the medium.com site.

Best of luck in your future activities.

D
asker

Post by asker »

I can still access it https://medium.com/zmninja/using-your-o ... 8897d0ff49
dad1 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:16 am
Quick point - when I try to access the cloud instructions link I get an '1020 Access denied' error from the medium.com site.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
dad1

Post by dad1 »

Hi,

Strange the link doesn't work in my chrome browser - but does work in opera. Anyway i can see it now.

Thks

D
kubaa24

Post by kubaa24 »

Sorry to hear that Asker but thanks a million for your great work with ZMninja. In my case Zoneminder, and later on ZMninja, forced me back in the days to learn Ubuntu and actually help to kick off my career in IT. So you guys truly make a difference if ever in doubts :)
5472qaywsx

Post by 5472qaywsx »

Just registered to the forums to add my big thank you, for developing the app so far and for making it free to ease transition to other coder. Respect!
davidma

Post by davidma »

Mainly wanted to say Thanks for you work. I bought the paid version many years ago and love zmNinja!

Also I saw someone else already stepped up but if it gets near the deadline and nothing materializes I would be willing to step up and try my hand at maintaining it. or helping out. Probably only on the Android side though as I don't own any iOS devices currently. I'm by no means a seasoned developer though, just someone willing to try with a bit of programming knowledge. Not looking for any money or anything... Just currently completing my degree at ASU and looking for a project or two...
simzone

Post by simzone »

Hi pliablepixels.

I just wanted to say thank you for developing this great piece of software. I'm using the event notification server since one year now, and after a quite long learning curve (I'm not a genius...), I found my perfect setup.
Everything works fine, also thanks to some suggestions you gave me by email; I'm now receiving alerts through zmninja every time persons are recognized in my events.

I really hope someone will take over your legacy: you've done such a great job, it would be a shame to lose it.

Thanks!
Simone
karoolus

Post by karoolus »

First of all, thanks a lot for a great app!

I personally don't use ES or push notifications so does that mean I don't really have to change anything and it will keep on working?
I only use the app to be able to view camera feeds live and the timeline.
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

I am working on bringing everything across to Zoneminder, so we expect to be able to continue zmNinja going forward. Although it will need some updating soon, but back to that later. I have iOS version building and running, hopefully this weekend I will get Android working, and then the desktop version. For all those interested it is AngularJS Ionic app.
I am working on moving the ES-FCM trusted application to a Zoneminder hosted service, we are already on AWS so will likely look to use Lambda's over Google Cloud function. As Asker pointed out that requires new versions of zmNinja and ES, hopefully by the end of this month these will be ready for testing.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
PeterSM

Post by PeterSM »

Just wanted to add my thanks for the work you have put into this app.