How to reset MODECT

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
zoneminding

How to reset MODECT

Post by zoneminding »

Hey gurus :)

I've recently had an issue with this system where one of the cameras is no longer recording any motion. It did happen on a previous build a long time ago and I ended up rebuilding as I needed it running and didn't have the time to troubleshoot, but I'd like to solve it this time.

There are a few cameras, with another using MODECT currently without an issue. The problematic one was working fine up until a few days ago.
Restarting and/or stopping the service and then starting it again, or a full reboot of the server doesn't fix it.
I tried creating another instance/monitor of that exact camera and MODECT won't work for that new one either.
The settings I used exactly matched the MODECT camera that is working.

The camera itself is fine to view directly, or via montage.
If I set the camera to record, it records as it should. If I trigger an alarm manually in the monitor window that records fine.
So connection to and from the camera is good, permissions/paths are right in that recording works and the install was working fine and MODECT works for the other camera, so it doesn't seem like a global issue of the install.

One thing I did notice is that the last recording had an (r) appended to the name, so I suspected it might have hung, or the server restarted while it was recording maybe.

I deleted that recording using the GUI, stopped the service, deleted all the sockets in /tmp/zm directory, restarted and it still won't work.

It seems that whatever MODECT is looking at may need to be deleted, or a lock file cleared, or something, but I don't exactly know how/where to tackle that one.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful :)

Thanks