Filtering Unwanted Events & Video Glitches

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
maskott

Filtering Unwanted Events & Video Glitches

Post by maskott »

I have searched around the forums for everything I can think of t describe this, but haven't found any relevant threads. I'm sure someone has asked this before or perhaps there is even a guide for this somewhere that I am unaware of.

I switched a few of my cameras to Amcrest IP3M-954E POE IP cameras and I like a lot of the features so far, but my Zoneminder is filling up with video glitches like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/123 ... -r1-s1.mpg

It seems to happen every few minutes. How can I stop the glitching?

If I can't stop the glitching, how can I make a filter or adjust the settings so these don't generate unwanted Modect Event?
PacoLM

Re: Filtering Unwanted Events & Video Glitches

Post by PacoLM »

Set the max fps in the camera and set the max fps settings in Zoneminder to blank, slowing down the fps might help too.

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
maskott

Post by maskott »

Thanks!

I limited the cameras' FPS to 20 (40 was default). I already had the values for max FPS blank in Zoneminder.

I'm still getting the glitching. Is there some way to create a filter on a set of zones that will catch this kind of video noise, but leave other events alone? I already set a "preclusive" zone on a small area that shouldn't change frequently, but that doesn't seem to be working the way I thought it would.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Are you using ffmepg or vlc to capture the ip cam images? I recommend you to use ffmpeg, if does not improve, decrease the fps to 10, just to see if a lower value makes the noise dissapear.

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
maskott

Post by maskott »

I am using Ffmpeg as the Source Type in Zoneminder. I just set the Maximum FPS down to 10 and it looks like the cameras are still glitching.

I noticed that if I open the same stream from my phone in LiveCams Pro, I can watch the same stream that I have pulled up in Zoneminder and the picture never glitches. This makes me think the issue is definitely on the Zoneminder/Ffmpeg side. How can I see if Ffmpeg is being overtaxed and running out of memory?