D-Link DCS-942L Not working in Zoneminder (Fixed)

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
ov10fac

D-Link DCS-942L Not working in Zoneminder (Fixed)

Post by ov10fac »

I am brand new to zoneminder. I just installed it tonight and tried to add one of my cameras. Its a D-Link DCS-942L. I found it on the wiki and used the "Remote" Source Type. The problem is that when I select Monitor function the ip address and function are orange. I get two error messages in the log file as follows:

unable to get response
and
Invalid response status 400:Bad Request

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Here is my configuration:

General -> Source Type: Remote
Source -> Remote Protocol: HTTP
Source -> Remote Method: Simple
Source -> Remote Host Name: admin:your_admin_password@your.camera.ip.address
Source -> Remote Host Port -> 80
Source -> Remote Host Path: /video/mjpg.cgi?profileid=1
Source -> Target Colorspace: 24 bits
Source -> Capture Width (pixels): 640
Source -> Capture Height (pixels): 480

It is working, at least it is recording as events are being generated. However two problems seem to be present:
1. When I try to view the video, the screen is blank. Interesting this same problem exists in the D-Link page as well. There is a NCS plug-in that will not load and is not compatible with Fedora. Fixed it. I had the incorrect remote method. Should have been RTP/Unicast. Now everything is great.
2. I can't seem to find the storage location for the video files. Found them under usr/.....

OK, I sorta have it fixed, but now my camera only shows a blue screen. The base screen shows everything in green, but when I try to view the video, all I get is a blue screen. I will search the archives to see what solutions have already been posted.