Cleaning DB after manually deleting events/frames

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
gregom

Cleaning DB after manually deleting events/frames

Post by gregom »

In the past, I used phpmyadmin to "repair" the ZM database after having to manually delete events/frames. For some reason in my install on Ubunutu 14 the repair option doesn't work in phpmyadmin. If I try to run it I get "The storage engine for the dable doesn't support r..." I'm assuming ...repair option or something similar.

What does one do after deleting events/frames then? I found that "Optimize" runs, but I don't know if it actually helps because I haven't' really tried to find out.
knight-of-ni

Re: Cleaning DB after manually deleting events/frames

Post by knight-of-ni »

Sounds like you are confusing two different issues. In long past versions zoneminder, pre 1.26, database tables where of type myisam. This type was prone to corruption, especially during an unclean shutdown. Upon booting, tables would be marked as "crashed" and you had to repair them before mysql would let zoneminder access the crashed tables. Newer versions of ZoneMinder use innodb tables, which are much less prone to corruption. The message you see "the storage engine for the table does not support" is coming from mysql, not ZoneMinder, and it means exactly what it says. Innodb tables do not support the operation you are trying to perform, like the old myisam tables did.

However, this has nothing to do with deleting events. The zmaudit daemon runs on all ZoneMinder systems and will pro-actively delete orphaned records... either records in the the dB with no corresponding event files on disk or the other way around, so there is nothing the end user needs to do to clean this up.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
gregom

Re: Cleaning DB after manually deleting events/frames

Post by gregom »

Ok... guess that takes care of that. Thanks for the info.