zmNinja iOS no event video

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
isisyodin

zmNinja iOS no event video

Post by isisyodin »

Running Ubuntu 14.04 server
I just upgraded from 1.28.1 to 1.28.109 for the API functionality. I followed this guide https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Common_Issu ... _on_Ubuntu

Questions:
On zmNinja desktop (OS X), everything seems to work OK. Recorded events do show a blue screen for a few frames prior to the actual alarm footage.
On zmNinja for iOS 9.2, just about everything works. The one issue am having is with the recorded event view. Whenever I try to play an event, I only see the icon of a camera with a question mark; I can see the timeline progress and the markings for the alarm, but no video footage.

i don't have an idea of where to look for a possible solution. It may be an iOS issue, but I don't have an android device to confirm. Any ideas?

Regards, happy new year.
asker

Re: zmNinja iOS no event video

Post by asker »

isisyodin wrote:Running Ubuntu 14.04 server
I just upgraded from 1.28.1 to 1.28.109 for the API functionality. I followed this guide https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Common_Issu ... _on_Ubuntu

Questions:
On zmNinja desktop (OS X), everything seems to work OK. Recorded events do show a blue screen for a few frames prior to the actual alarm footage.
On zmNinja for iOS 9.2, just about everything works. The one issue am having is with the recorded event view. Whenever I try to play an event, I only see the icon of a camera with a question mark; I can see the timeline progress and the markings for the alarm, but no video footage.

i don't have an idea of where to look for a possible solution. It may be an iOS issue, but I don't have an android device to confirm. Any ideas?

Regards, happy new year.
Hey there - the mobile forum is probably a better place to post questions on the iOS app.
Can you create a new thread there? Also please post an image of your zmNinja settings screen (you can mask out the server url)
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
isisyodin

Re: zmNinja iOS no event video

Post by isisyodin »

Actually I managed to solve the problem to a certain extend. I can view the events now, but every single event appears to not load fast enough. The problem was that I was defining the server with only its IP address; it needed the /zm. I will post over in the iOS thread of zmNinja.

Cheers