Dropped frame causes event

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
liderbug

Dropped frame causes event

Post by liderbug »

I've got an Axis 210 and I don't know if it's the camera or the network or my zoneminder hardware but every few minutes it drops a frame - I assume that's the problem - but I get a blue screen, 100% i(mage)iiiiiiiiiiiBiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and I've got a false event. How do I tell ZM "I don't care.".
Thanks
rockedge

Re: Dropped frame causes event

Post by rockedge »

use a Filter that runs in the background:
Cause is equal to Signal
AND
Frame is geater or equal to 1
delete the first 100.
or something like that.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Best -> Place an appropriately large value into the Max Alarmed Area field in the motion detection zone config.
Good -> If you've got an area in the field of view that should not experience motion under normal conditions, then place a very small preclusive zone there.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
liderbug

Post by liderbug »

Trying "Best". I'm also trying the "Good" suggestion. Looking down on the back yard - rectangle, about 1/3 of yard. In the center is a large tree. I put a prelusive box about 7' up on the tree.
Film @ 11.

Tks
liderbug

Post by liderbug »

I'm doing something wrong.
My main area is 20/133, 625/184, 682/407, 22/294 large area of back yard ~ 1/3 of image
My Preclusion area is 265/106, 283/108, 262/147, 253/145 small area on tree at aprox 12:00 over main area.
I assumed the preclusion would be external to main. But every time the network/camera drops a frame - well I get 100% blue then back to normal "OMG!!! An Evernt!!!" anywhere from 1 min to 5 min.
help, please...
Nerre

Post by Nerre »

I think you are confusion Motion event with Signal events.

Look in the even list, the cause of the event is listed in one of the columns. Motion, Linked and Signal are the ones I have seen.

There is also the possibility to enable alarm statistics to see the numbers that trigged the event (your will see what zone caused the event if it is caused by motion).
liderbug

Post by liderbug »

Signal: Reacquired
Google: I've found posts saying do a filter - but isn't that after the fact. My mind says when I set up the zone and say ie: percent, pixels, min 3, max 75. That says????? if the pixel percent is 100% that the "event" should not happen. ??????
Thanks
Nerre

Post by Nerre »

The event is not due to what happens with the image, it's due to that the signal is lost and comes back.

As far as I know those events are currently not possible to disable. Those events indicate a bad connection to your camera (or a camera that reboots or something like that). Improve the connection or try a better camera.
liderbug

Post by liderbug »

SOLVED

Created a filter - if monitor = 2 and notes contain Reacquired, Delete.