Broken Image icon monitor window

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
DVB Hardware

Broken Image icon monitor window

Post by DVB Hardware »

installed 1.28.107 I cannot monitor camera window has Broken Image Icon, but I seem to be capturing events will record in record mode, I can view the jpg's in the events folder
camera was just working fine 1.28.1
using identical camera parameters in 1.28.1

been through the forum for 3 hrs

Update: did a new install again same errors below when trying to view the monitor
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... e_easy_way

2015-10-18 09:49:57.864040 web_php 7129 ERR socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-142545s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 2347
2015-10-18 09:49:54.862399 web_js 7129 ERR getStreamCmdResponse stream error: socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-142545s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory - checkStreamForErrors() ?view=watch
2015-10-18 09:49:54.847955 web_php 7129 ERR socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-142545s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 2347
2015-10-18 09:49:51.846889 web_js 7129 ERR getStreamCmdResponse stream error: socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-142545s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory - checkStreamForErrors() ?view=watch
2015-10-18 09:49:51.828874 web_php 7129 ERR socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-142545s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 2347
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Mariadb 10.6.x using Master 1.37.x latest always

DVB stands for Digital VIdeo Broadcasting , retired satellite downlink supplier
knight-of-ni

Re: Broken Image icon monitor window

Post by knight-of-ni »

That is an Apache config problem. You need to verify your Script Alias is correct and that it agrees with PATH_ZMS under options.

Also make sure you did not skip the enable cgi steps in the easy way documentation.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
DVB Hardware

Post by DVB Hardware »

Well I reformatted and did a clean install of Mint 17.2 on one machine works well,
I had a little trouble with ( mysql -e "grant select,insert,update,delete,create on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass';")
zone minder would not start with root/admin or admin/admin as users.... it wanted zmuser/zmpass to start the service
I am also back to localhost/zm not zm/www

when I tried to upgrade 1.28.1 > 1.28.107 initialy (a2enconf zoneminder) would not install,,,, but on the clean install it did

A while back when I upgraded from I think 1.27 > 1.28.1 it was so much easier.
I like the program and enjoy using it as a hobby to play with.....great job
I was working on a skin alteration a while back for a "dark" appearance.... I just dislike bright white backgrounds. Took a break on that too many css changes.

Not so obvious was for some was:
Clean install = http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... e_easy_way
Upgrade Only = http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... _on_Ubuntu

Now to try to fix the other machines upgrade that I initially had the camera on.

Anyway thanks for all the help everyone.

Jimmy

bbunge

Post by bbunge »

We've spent a lot of time proofing those install/upgrade instructions! We were aware of most of the changes that were forthcoming but a couple surprised us, too!

I stick with doing instructions for Ubuntu/Debian server as the procedures are the same for a desktop system as long as you do them from a terminal. Using a package manager in a GUI can get you in trouble with Zoneminder especially now that you have to install/upgrade the database manually.

If it is any consolation I had a major failure of one of my Zoneminder systems over the weekend. Something crashed MySQL and it was so corrupted it would not start. Do you know how long it takes to "rm" over 1 TB of Zoneminder events/images? While I was about fixing the system on Ubuntu 14.04-3 I set up MySQL 5.6. Seems to be working well now. Oh, I was able to get MySQL 5.6 to work with the latest ZM release on 14.04!

bb
DVB Hardware

Post by DVB Hardware »

I have a lot of admiration for all the support you all give, it gets frustrating.

2nd system now i purged zoneminder-php5-phpmyadmin-apache2
reinstalled them all fine
zoneminder installed fine but I get "Could not open config file."

makes no sense to me.