Playback stuttering when using progress bar

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
gregom

Playback stuttering when using progress bar

Post by gregom »

I've done some searching but can't find an answer. Server is Ubuntu 12.

When I use Firefox browser (which is the only one that seems to work well with ZM web page) on my Windows box and bring up a recorded event for playback, if I click on the progress bar to move to another time the playback will stutter, repeating the last two frames multiple times. This can go on for just a second or so, or several seconds. It is quite frustrating to say the least. It doesn't matter the load on the server. I'm almost thinking it is client side as sometimes it doesn't do it but I haven't found out why.

Anyone else having this issue and/or know of a fix?
bbunge

Re: Playback stuttering when using progress bar

Post by bbunge »

Possible that there is a processing time delay. I suspect that the value, PATH_SWAP which is normally set to /tmp/zm, could be the issue. I change this to use RAM drive which for Ubuntu 14.04 is /run/shm. This take this function off of the hard drive and into memory which is a lot faster. You will have to restart ZM after the change.
gregom

Post by gregom »

Thanks for the response. I tried this and it seems to be working pretty good now. If I go too fast it does it but recovers a lot faster. Seems it just needs time to buffer the event into RAM. Maybe there is a way to make this more efficient?

Thanks!
gregom

Post by gregom »

Well I spoke too soon... the same problem is back despite the swap path being pointed to /run/shm

Any other ideas? Does anyone else have this issue?