Can I go straight to the timeline?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
aaronl

Can I go straight to the timeline?

Post by aaronl »

Is there a way to go straight to the timeline view, instead of having to open the events view then click timeline?
To me this is a much more intuitive interface, and is the preferred method of looking at events.

Thanks,
Aaron
asker

Re: Can I go straight to the timeline?

Post by asker »

aaronl wrote:Is there a way to go straight to the timeline view, instead of having to open the events view then click timeline?
To me this is a much more intuitive interface, and is the preferred method of looking at events.

Thanks,
Aaron
I think so. What happens if you go to

Code: Select all

zmip/zm/index.php?view=timeline
?
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
aaronl

Post by aaronl »

yeah that URL works. cool.
So follow on question is, what is better, to request the feature, or make it myself and do a pull request?

The feature would be to add an option setting, that chooses between the events view and timeline view, for when the user clicks on the event count links from the console.

Aaron
asker

Post by asker »

aaronl wrote:yeah that URL works. cool.
So follow on question is, what is better, to request the feature, or make it myself and do a pull request?

The feature would be to add an option setting, that chooses between the events view and timeline view, for when the user clicks on the event count links from the console.

Aaron
Hard for me to say - you might want to drop into the IRC channel for zoneminder sometime and ask if that's something the core maintainers would consider incorporating - you may get a realtime response/interest assessment right there. I would assume you might want to expand the scope as "set any view as home" for ZM -- not just timeline. Some sort of a drop down menu that lets the user select which view is defaulted to.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs