command line delete events

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
Zsolt

command line delete events

Post by Zsolt »

Hey,
something happened and my HDD is full. It looks like the filter did not work as desired.
Is there a way to make some empty space, like deleting events manually via console. I cant log in via the GUI, being sent back to the authentication page each time I enter my credentials.
Thanks in advance.
asker

Re: command line delete events

Post by asker »

ZoneMinder has a filter that is enabled by default to run in the background called PurgeWhenFull. It removes events when your disk space reaches 95%. Unless you have manually disabled it, it will run. So are you sure you can't log in because your disk it full?

There are two ways, if that really is an issue:

Code: Select all

a) sudo zmfilter.pl -f PurgeWhenFull (this will manually run the filter)
b) Go to your events directory and remove all JPEG files --> don't remove the monitor ID directories and soft links inside events - just the jpeg images - don't worry, zmaudit will take care of removing DB entries later
Zsolt wrote:Hey,
something happened and my HDD is full. It looks like the filter did not work as desired.
Is there a way to make some empty space, like deleting events manually via console. I cant log in via the GUI, being sent back to the authentication page each time I enter my credentials.
Thanks in advance.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
Zsolt

Post by Zsolt »

100% sure.
df -h showed 0 under Avail.

I had a 50 meg zip file on the server, and as soon I deleted it, I was able to log in under zoneminder and run the filters manually.
I have the PurgeWhenFull and another filter set as "Run filter in background". Somehow something managed to "kill" `em.
AUDIT_CHECK_INTERVAL is also set to 900, and enabled.

Thanks for the tips, I've bookmarked them, so I'm covered if I need them in the future.
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

Exhuming this thread for one potential reason:

I don't know if *ZM's* idea of 95% is *of the entire size of the drive*, or if it's *of the size of the drive less the percentage reserved for root at mkfs time. If it's the former, and the latter percentage is greater than 5% it will never clean up, since the drive can never get that full.