Foscam FI9805P very slow monitoring

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
themagicm

Foscam FI9805P very slow monitoring

Post by themagicm »

I'm running this on a CentOS 6.5 server with dual opterons. Snoozing most of the time. I'm using the 720p setting on the camera and when I view the video thru ZM, its in slow motion. Using Blue Iris, its much quicker, very fluid motion if someone is walking. Am I missing something in settings? (lowering resolution isnt an option).
themagicm

Re: Foscam FI9805P very slow monitoring

Post by themagicm »

Anyone...anyone...

General:
source: ffmpeg
function: monitor
enabled check
max fps 5
alarm fps blank

source: rtsp://<username>:<password>@<IP>:<PORT>/videoMain
remote method: rtp/unicast
options blank
target colorspace 32 bit color
capture width 1280
capture height 720

I get no image above. ZM is just too flakey. I might just have to stick with Blue Iris because it just works.

Errors:
Mar 31 16:41:31 a zms[22799]: ERR [Terminating, last frame sent time 1427838090.633596 secs more than maximum of 10.000000]
Mar 31 16:41:31 a zms[22799]: INF [Terminating Logger]
Mar 31 16:41:33 a web_php[20831]: ERR [Timed out waiting for msg /var/lib/zoneminder/sock/zms-347296s.sock]
Mar 31 16:41:33 a web_php[20830]: ERR [getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Timed out waiting for msg /var/lib/zoneminder/sock/zms-347296s.sock - checkStreamForErrors()]
asker

Post by asker »

Please change to rtp/rtsp instead of rtp unicast and do a machine reboot. Then let me know what you see.
BTW your first post says its in "slow motion" but your post above says "no image". Not sure what is the current situation and which configuration results in "slow images" and which one results in "no image". Can you clarify?
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
themagicm

Post by themagicm »

Ok... I'm almost there.

source: ffmpeg
function: monitor

max fps:11 (at camera its 10)
alarm max fps: 0

reference image blend: no blending
alarm ref blend: 6.26%

source tab:
source path: rtsp://username:password@ip:port/videoMain
remote method: rtp/rtsp
options blank
target colorspace: 32 bit
capture width: 1280
capture height: 960
preserve aspect unchecked
orientation normal
deinterlace disabled.

=======at camera==========
enhanced night vision definition checked
stream type: hd mode
res 960hd
bit rate 2m
frame rate 10
key frame interval 15
variable bitrate no

substream (not accessing it..shouldnt matter)
stream type hd mode
res 720p
bit rate 512k
frame rate 10
key frame interval 30

Right now when I'm watching it in ZM I have the "on screen display" on the feed from the cam and it skips a few seconds while I'm watching which makes the video slow aka choppy.

in /var/log/messages:
Apr 1 16:37:39 a zms[5998]: ERR [Frame send time 2216 msec too slow, throttling maxfps to 20.00]
Apr 1 16:37:45 a zms[5998]: ERR [Frame send time 1880 msec too slow, throttling maxfps to 13.33]
Apr 1 16:37:49 a zms[5998]: ERR [Frame send time 1865 msec too slow, throttling maxfps to 8.89]
Apr 1 16:38:52 a zmc_m1[5979]: INF [frontyard: 1000 - Capturing at 9.71 fps]
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Set Max FPS (blank) as this setting does not work for IP cameras

Add ?tcp at the end of your source line. You can go back to RTP/Unicast

Recommend you set your resolution lower. Try half of what you have now. Set at the camera and ZM

Set your frame rate at the camera lower and the key frame interval higher. Also set the quality lower. I have Foscam h.264 cameras running at 5 FPS 320x180 and doing very well capturing things. Once you get it stable try pushing the resolution higher. Just keep the HxW ratio the same on the camera and ZM. You can also try the second video stream on the camera and try different settings.

Moe info at: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Foscam

bb
themagicm

Post by themagicm »

Lowering resolution isnt an option. 320x180 ? man..sounds like a thumbnail pic. LOL.

so ZM cant do 960HD? What I'm trying to do is set this up for a friend of mine at his shop and I *dont* want to use Windows..prefer something like ZM since thats all I have every used for *years*....but if ZM just cant do it the I'll just have to have him use Blue Iris since it works perfect there (sucks though..because I badly want to use ZM).
asker

Post by asker »

ZM does do 960HD. I have 5 Foscam 9831W cameras running at that resolution.
It's a little hard to help as I don't have an idea of your complete setup, but here are my thoughts

Some notes:
a) If you really want to use ZM, you'll have to experiment and iterate. It's open source and most people answering here are regular forum users like you, which means responses will be sporadic and will involve you having to tinker around. If you don't want to do that, you should probably use blueiris if it is working out of the box. It may also be possible those helping you many not know how to help you beyond a point - unless some ZM expert like knnnigget (I can never spell his username correctly, especially since the Monty Python reference uses a different spelling 8) ) notices this thread - he knows the source code well and is a maintainer while the rest of us are mostly users.

Some questions (my apologies if you have already answered some)

a) Was there any improvement after moving to RTP/RTSP compared to before? If so, what sort of improvement. Please differentiate between 'choppy' and 'slow'. Choppy means low frame rate but what you see is more or less in sync with the real world - probably offset only by 2-3 seconds at most. Slow means ZM is running way behind what is really happening

b) How many cameras do you have configured? If you have more than one, can you delete all except one and we can debug that. Once you only have one monitor configured, bump up in-camera to 30fps and keep maxFPS at ZM to blank. View the ZM feed and let me know if you feel its 'real time' enough. If so, then your ZM installation should be fine. Keep an eye on the system load and memory consumption too while you are viewing the 30fps feed

c) How did you install zone minder? please be specific - did you install from source or a package?

d) For one monitor please paste the values in all tabs (general/source/misc/buffer)

e) RTP/Unicode never worked for me - too many packet drops even within the LAN and adding ?tcp completely messed up my ZM (sql timeouts) (which is different from what bbunge said above - you will have to see which route works better for you). Switching to RTP/RTSP forces a tcp path from ZM making ?tcp unnecessary in this mode.

f) Post more logs while you are viewing the live images in ZM - lets see what all is going on there

g) Are your cameras and ZM in the same LAN?

h) I think you mentioned dual opteron. How much memory do you have installed? Is this machine dedicated to ZM?
themagicm wrote:Lowering resolution isnt an option. 320x180 ? man..sounds like a thumbnail pic. LOL.

so ZM cant do 960HD? What I'm trying to do is set this up for a friend of mine at his shop and I *dont* want to use Windows..prefer something like ZM since thats all I have every used for *years*....but if ZM just cant do it the I'll just have to have him use Blue Iris since it works perfect there (sucks though..because I badly want to use ZM).
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs