Montage limits

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
BiloxiGeek

Montage limits

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Seems more than six monitors in a montage view doesn't work in Firefox. I think this is likely an issue on the Firefox side but not sure.

Anyone know how to up that limit?
chippy99

Re: Montage limits

Post by chippy99 »

BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Just realized this problem only manifests when I'm outside my network trying to view the montage.

I use an AdTrap between the cable modem and router. Since I didn't want to have two different bookmarks on my iPad I only use the externally accessible URL to get to zoneminder even if I'm on my home network. When I'm on the home network if I go the the zoneminder box direct the montage works as expected.

I'm pretty sure the issue is being caused by the AdTrap but so far haven't found where to modify it to let the full montage work. I've asked on the AdTrap forums but no response there yet. Anyone else using an AdTrap and seen this problem?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

If I understand correctly, you are trying to access your zoneminder server within the same local LAN, using the Internet IP. While some firewalls can properly loop back (i.e. NAT reflection), in my experience it is more trouble than it is worth.

Instead, add a DNS A record to your local dns server that points your Internet domain name to the local IP address, rather than your public ip address. Naturally, you've got set up a local dns server (and then make sure your dhcp server uses this), but having a local (caching) dns server is generally a good idea anyway.

Doing so allows you to use the same url from your ipad, and it should get around any Adtrap issues because you will no longer be routing through your firewall (assuming adtrap is running on your firewall).
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

If you are using an iPad try ZM View. Free version works well and there is an Android version.

bb
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

bbunge wrote:If you are using an iPad try ZM View. Free version works well and there is an Android version.

bb
Looks a nice iPhone app, but I really dislike using iPhone apps on my iPad. The resolution is off, it won't rotate to landscape mode. Plus I didn't see any place to put in my zoneminder server info. Does it talk directly to zoneminder? It wanted me to create an account, but I couldn't seem to find what system the account is created on. It kind of seemed like I was about to create an account on someone else system that would then talk to my zoneminder box to get to the monitors. Right off the bat I don't like that idea at all. If I'm wrong let me know, I'll take another closer look.