File Capture

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
Yamanipanuchi

File Capture

Post by Yamanipanuchi »

I'm attempting to use the File Source Type and I may be mistaken how it works.

I have a remote camera that is transferring a Snapshot to my Zoneminder system ever 15 seconds. I would like to capture these images using Zoneminder being that I can use the nicer interface to view current and previous images. I setup a camera with a Source Type of File and set the Functions to Record It sees the file but its not recording anything. I suspect its expecting the file to change quicker then 1 per 15 seconds.

The camera has limited data so it can only transfer images so many times a second.

Any thoughts are welcome, And can provide any other information if needed.
bbunge

Re: File Capture

Post by bbunge »

Why not use the Remote source type and let ZM pull the image from the camera. Does not have to be a powerful camera. I'm using a very old Axis camera that runs at the blazing speed of 1 FPS and does a great job of recording movement. NOt sure but I do not think the file option was intended for remote cameras. Of course, I never have used file...

bb
Yamanipanuchi

Re: File Capture

Post by Yamanipanuchi »

Thanks for the Reply, Unfortunately this remote location is via Satellite and the provider seems to not allow ports to be opened up for communication coming in. If they did then I would just place a Server there and hit the interface that way.

Turns out I didn't know you can put a FPS setting LESS then 1. I put an FPS of .25 and it seems to be working perfectly.

So issue resolved.