[SOLVED] Minimum alarm duration

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
sime

[SOLVED] Minimum alarm duration

Post by sime »

I want to set a minimum alarm duration for alarms. When i set modetect with standard buffer value, I get a lot of events around 2 seconds by event for monitors at 25 fps...

I read that i need to set post event image count buffer in frames but not lower than the image buffer zier setting..

If a want to get 10 sec at 30fps, i have to set image buffer size at 300 ans post event image count at 300...

I have now one of my monitors wich has errors

Shared data not initialised by capture daemon for monitor Sous-Sol /usr/src/ZoneMinder-1.28.1/src/zm_monitor.cpp line 421

zma -m 10' exited abnormally, exit status 255 zmdc.pl

are thoses values too high and maybe a memory issue?

thanks

Simon
Last edited by sime on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
river100

Re: Minimum alarm duration

Post by river100 »

This might not be the correct answer however I always set my "Image Buffer Size" to a little
more than double the "Pre Event Image Count". After doing this you might have to restart
Zoneminder. The Monitor resolution makes a difference in available memory. Most of my
installs have 8 GB, with a min' of 4 GB on a couple, some have 16.
Be aware that the frame rate is not always perfect. After you get your buffers
going check the events.
sime

Re: Minimum alarm duration

Post by sime »

I set buffer to 200,
pre event to 25
post event to 200

no more problem with zma

Simon
asker

Re: [SOLVED] Minimum alarm duration

Post by asker »

In another thread, kkroft suggested using "Alarm Frame Count" (its inside Source->Buffers). That is working very well for me to eliminate spurious alarms.
My guess is if you want to do it by "minimum time" then time = frame count * fps that the camera is streaming to ZM
sime wrote:I want to set a minimum alarm duration for alarms. When i set modetect with standard buffer value, I get a lot of events around 2 seconds by event for monitors at 25 fps...

I read that i need to set post event image count buffer in frames but not lower than the image buffer zier setting..

If a want to get 10 sec at 30fps, i have to set image buffer size at 300 ans post event image count at 300...

I have now one of my monitors wich has errors

Shared data not initialised by capture daemon for monitor Sous-Sol /usr/src/ZoneMinder-1.28.1/src/zm_monitor.cpp line 421

zma -m 10' exited abnormally, exit status 255 zmdc.pl

are thoses values too high and maybe a memory issue?

thanks

Simon
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
sime

Re: [SOLVED] Minimum alarm duration

Post by sime »

I don't want to eliminate spurious alarms. I wanted longer alarm events... my spurious alarms are removed by filter

Simon