Wrong JPEG Library: library is 62, caller expects 80

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

Another day - another (hopefully small) problem!

I revived an old server that had ZoneMinder 1.26.4 installed on it on Debian Wheezy 7. Naturally, first order of business was to do a full update of the OS. Later, I did a full update of ZoneMinder (the right way this time - uninstall from source, reinstall etc).

Now - mainly everything works, except video streaming. The error I get is the same one in the title:

My understanding is that ZoneMinder things that libjpeg62 is installed - how it is not, libjpeg8 is installed:

Code: Select all

root@BigBrother:/usr/src/ZoneMinder-1.28.1/scripts# dpkg -l | grep libjpeg
ii  libjpeg-turbo-official             1.3.0-20130514                     amd64        A SIMD-accelerated JPEG codec that provides both the libjpeg and TurboJPEG APIs
ii  libjpeg8:amd64                     8d-1+deb7u1                        amd64        Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime library
ii  libjpeg8-dev:amd64                 8d-1+deb7u1                        amd64        Development files for the IJG JPEG library

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

Thanks!
knight-of-ni

Re: Wrong JPEG Library: library is 62, caller expects 80

Post by knight-of-ni »

Zoneminder is the "caller" so it looks like you correctly built zoneminder against the newer jpeg library.
However, at runtime it is finding the older library. Somewhere you've still got the old library on your system. I don't know Debian, and I'm not sure if you can safely delete the old jpeg library once you find it. You may have to just put the newer libraries higher up in your library search path.

There are some entries in the WiKi that talk about installing and using libjpeg-turbo in Debian that might be helpful. The one I am thinking of is in Spanish, but obviously English speakers can still read the code.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/