Re: Montage view, monitors aligning vertically(SOLVED)

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Once in awhile I come across this error but this time can't seem to fix it. The Montage view lines up vertically regardless of the Layout style selected. Any ideas on what I did or what I can do to fix it?
Last edited by rockedge on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbunge

Re: Montage view, monitors aligning vertically

Post by bbunge »

My guess is you are using Firefox for a web browser? Look in the WIKI for the Firefox "fix"

bb
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Thanks for the idea.
Seems to happen across all the browsers I am testing with. I tried the Firefox fix...it did not change the problem. Instead of aligning horizontally across the page all the monitor views align vertically. It is like there is no response from when a different layout is selected. In the same setup I compiled version 1.27 and the montage view works correctly.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Suggest you try one of the "packaged" versions. There are some good how to write ups in the WIKI. I can vouch for the Ubuntu 14.04 with ZM 1.28.0 on a 64 bit system. Or one of the older versions in the "Easy" series.

bb
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I would use a package and have had good experiences with Ubuntu but the operating system this project is based on is Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0 CE which is built on the Ubuntu 14.04 binaries. The Ubuntu package or the Debian are difficult to get running and I have had great success compiling ZoneMinder 1.27 which runs rock solid stable on these systems. the only flaw with the 1.28 version is the montage view. So far no luck in tracking down what is causing it. Perhaps a more current download from the Github source code and the problem goes away? Anyway I have seen this same problem in version 1.26.5 but that will suddenly correct itself and is intermittent. Thanks for your tips and I will look into it.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Turns out the problem is the path to the CSS for the montage views is incorrect, for some reason. The directory structure zoneminder is looking for, should have the necessary css files in /skins/classic/views/css. In my installation{s} the css files needed are in /skins/classic/css/classic/views. So I created /skins/classic/views/css and symlinked the css files in the new directory from /skins/classic/css/classic/views. That hack fixed the montage view immediately. I am not sure yet if my compiling zoneminder the make install placed the css in the wrong place or a coding oversight in the new skin/css selection functions in the Options pages, which is different then the display options in version 1.27.

Anyone have a thought? Is this just my doing or is this skin / display option differences in version 1.28?

Thanks for anyone's ideas
Markymark

Re: Montage view, monitors aligning vertically (NEW ISSUE)

Post by Markymark »

So, this solved the issue. Sorry for the previous stupid post.

ln -s /usr/share/zoneminder/skins/classic/css/classic/views/* /usr/share/zoneminder/skins/classic/views/css/

Rgrds, Mark