New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
User avatar
knight-of-ni
Posts: 2226
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Shiloh, IL

New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by knight-of-ni » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:01 pm

We've had someone step up and volunteer to write a new mobile app for ZoneMinder.

You can read about it here:
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/issues/559

At the moment, it looks to be a complete rewrite since the eyeZm author has not responded.

We are looking for suggestions and eventually people willing to test.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/

Biggus
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:15 am

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by Biggus » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:19 am

This is fantastic news, Most CCTV software boasts about been able to view on tablets/phones. This is handy for when your away from home. Eyezm was good whilst it lasted but its now hard to get it working without hacking about.

McFuzz
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:03 am

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by McFuzz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:47 am

I can safely say I am a huge user of EyeZM and will be happy to test it on iOS whenever something comes out!

apbb2
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:02 pm

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by apbb2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:07 pm

I also am a big user of EyeZm but as I have been upgrading my installs, 5 currently with a 6th one going in soon, it has become problematic.

I am no coder by any means but would love to help test it out and give feedback.

peloy
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by peloy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:43 pm

For Android, there is a very good application called "ZMView". It's in the Google Play store.

They have a free version that is ad-supported and a pro version that doesn't have ads and has some extra features like HTTPS and access to more ZoneMinder events (free version only has access to 8 events). I used the free version for a long time and was quite happy with it. I recently updated to the pro version.

Shoe123
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:32 pm

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by Shoe123 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:33 pm

get it working without hacking about.

tonydotigr
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by tonydotigr » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:53 am

Anymore information around this app? Eager to give it a try...

McFuzz
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:03 am

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by McFuzz » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:58 am

By the way - ZmView (for Android) has been ported to iOS! Available now on the appstore...


One problem I've noticed - while you can apparently log into your box from outside your LAN (i.e. enable port forwarding, or something along those lines), it apparently does not show streams - logs show 'Unable to authenticate user' as the error message whenever I try to open any stream. I should also note I am connecting via HTTPS when outside my LAN, and HTTP when inside.

Also landscape mode doesn't quite work... hopefully all the bugs will be figured out soon.

tonydotigr
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by tonydotigr » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:10 pm

McFuzz wrote:By the way - ZmView (for Android) has been ported to iOS! Available now on the appstore...


One problem I've noticed - while you can apparently log into your box from outside your LAN (i.e. enable port forwarding, or something along those lines), it apparently does not show streams - logs show 'Unable to authenticate user' as the error message whenever I try to open any stream. I should also note I am connecting via HTTPS when outside my LAN, and HTTP when inside.

Also landscape mode doesn't quite work... hopefully all the bugs will be figured out soon.
Thank you, been waiting forever for an app that works with iOS. I don't seem to have any problems where on local network or carrier network. Might want to make sure you setup using your external IP. There were two versions of this that showed up on the app store, I used ZmView Zoneminder by Paul Marinas.

McFuzz
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:03 am

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by McFuzz » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:38 am

tonydotigr wrote:
McFuzz wrote:By the way - ZmView (for Android) has been ported to iOS! Available now on the appstore...


One problem I've noticed - while you can apparently log into your box from outside your LAN (i.e. enable port forwarding, or something along those lines), it apparently does not show streams - logs show 'Unable to authenticate user' as the error message whenever I try to open any stream. I should also note I am connecting via HTTPS when outside my LAN, and HTTP when inside.

Also landscape mode doesn't quite work... hopefully all the bugs will be figured out soon.
Thank you, been waiting forever for an app that works with iOS. I don't seem to have any problems where on local network or carrier network. Might want to make sure you setup using your external IP. There were two versions of this that showed up on the app store, I used ZmView Zoneminder by Paul Marinas.

There is no problem if you dont use HTTPS, but I do - and hence the problem I have. I can log into my server from carrier network via HTTPS no problem when using ZmView, but I can't view any streams -- so obviously it can communicate with the box, but something else is afoot. I emailed Paul so we'll see.

tonydotigr
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by tonydotigr » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:17 am

McFuzz wrote:
tonydotigr wrote:
McFuzz wrote:By the way - ZmView (for Android) has been ported to iOS! Available now on the appstore...


One problem I've noticed - while you can apparently log into your box from outside your LAN (i.e. enable port forwarding, or something along those lines), it apparently does not show streams - logs show 'Unable to authenticate user' as the error message whenever I try to open any stream. I should also note I am connecting via HTTPS when outside my LAN, and HTTP when inside.

Also landscape mode doesn't quite work... hopefully all the bugs will be figured out soon.
Thank you, been waiting forever for an app that works with iOS. I don't seem to have any problems where on local network or carrier network. Might want to make sure you setup using your external IP. There were two versions of this that showed up on the app store, I used ZmView Zoneminder by Paul Marinas.

There is no problem if you dont use HTTPS, but I do - and hence the problem I have. I can log into my server from carrier network via HTTPS no problem when using ZmView, but I can't view any streams -- so obviously it can communicate with the box, but something else is afoot. I emailed Paul so we'll see.
Let me know if you find a solution for HTTPS, I'd like to use.

Nerre
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 am

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by Nerre » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:22 pm

If I don't remember wrong, https requires the paid version of zmview?

tonydotigr
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by tonydotigr » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:59 am

Wonder if someone with SSL could verify.

Ran across how to setup... http://www.serveradventures.com/the-adv ... -and-https

McFuzz
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:03 am

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by McFuzz » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:06 pm

I actually have a valid cert for my server and, for whatever reason, things are working fine now... odd!

Biggus
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:15 am

Re: New ZoneMinder Mobile App

Post by Biggus » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Oh brilliant what I needed works fine on my iPhone, I think a iPad sized app would be the icing on the cake!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests