Anyone got ZoneMinder working on CentOS 7?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
knight-of-ni

Re: Anyone got ZoneMinder working on CentOS 7?

Post by knight-of-ni »

tcake wrote:For me the systemclt seems happy with the /etc/systemd/system/zoneminder.service file, but fails running zmpkg.pl.

Where are the perl files being installed on your Centos 7 systems? I built from source using the bootsrap.sh, configure, make, make install sequence.
My base install is going under /root/perl5. It fails when I try to run zmpkg.pl with the error that it can't find ZoneMinder.pm.
If I change the protection on /root from drwxr-x--- to drwxr-x--x it can find ZoneMinder.

I have been trying to change where the perl files get installed into a directory that is not root only protected, but so far I am lost trying to understand the bootsrap.sh / configure scripts.
If perl libs are getting installed under your home folder, then it sounds like you've got the perl-local-lib package installed. This seems to be a "feature" of CentOS 7, and it needs to be uninstalled. This was discussed earlier in this thread.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/