Event Playback stream issue

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
ScottBouch

Event Playback stream issue

Post by ScottBouch »

Hi guys,

I'm struggling to play back event videos, I get about 2 frames (JPG stream) and then it locks up.

Viewing the camera stream from ZM console works perfectly. Also, opening the individual recorded event JPG's works fine too.

This is over a network, as ZM sits on a dedicated headless Ubuntu Server. Tried viewing on different devices, all the same.

Log file entries when this happens:

2014-11-02 11:48:25.302400 web_js 7173 ERR getCmdResponse stream error: Timed out waiting for msg /var/run/zm/zms-524960s.sock - checkStreamForErrors() ?view=event

2014-11-02 11:48:25.220663 web_php 7173 ERR Timed out waiting for msg /var/run/zm/zms-524960s.sock /usr/share/zoneminder/includes/functions.php 2330

2014-11-02 11:48:20.755824 zms 7311 WAR Shared data not initialised by capture daemon, some query functions may not be available or produce invalid results zm_monitor.cpp 424

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Scott
bbunge

Re: Event Playback stream issue

Post by bbunge »

Try:
Options, Images, PATH_FFMPEG /usr/bin/avconv and check OPT_FFMPEG

This should use avconv in lieu of ffmpeg and give you your video. You can also copy /usr/bin/avconv to /usr/bin/ffmpeg if you want to.

bb
ScottBouch

Post by ScottBouch »

Thank for the pointer - I've tried it, and now am having slightly different results, but still not right...

When before, playback would do one or two frames and just stop, now it does a few frames, then jumps around forward and backward in time a bit, then stops.

I have the event data stored on a separate SATA rotary drive in the computer. I'm viewing using FireFox on a Windows 7 machine over wifi. Not yet tried MS IE.

When I view the JPG's one at a time, all seems fine.

I'm yet to try it on another computer (Firefox, Ubuntu, and wired network), been a bit tied up with other things since my last post.

Thanks, Scott.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

I've had some issues with the latest Firefox version (33.0) streaming Flash video. Disabled hardware acceleration in Firefox seems to help. There are some other settings to help montage view:
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... FireFox.3F

bb
ScottBouch

Post by ScottBouch »

Thanks BB, I'll give that a try too. I'm also considering lowering the resolution of the camera, as the images are taking up loads of HDD space, and viewing in Zoneminder windows, not all windows allow you to resize the image down.

Cheers, Scott.
bigjohn

Post by bigjohn »

Was there any further conclusion on this post? I have a similar problem...live streaming works fine, but event playback runs at a high frame rate. I have ZM version 1.28.0 on Ubuntu 14.4. Behavior is the same with both IE and Chrome on Windows and with Firefox on Linux. I previously used an earlier version of ZM (on Ubuntu 12.4) with the same cameras and it worked fine. Streaming in asf format; previously used ffmpeg, now using avconv under Ubuntu 14.4. Any ideas are appreciated.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

It is possible if you are using high resolution cameras you could be having a memory issue. You could try increasing your PHP memory limit in the server. I have had issues exporting large log files with the standard PHP settings.

You may need to use mysqltuner to check the settings in my.cnf.
Here is a link to additional info about MySQL in Zoneminder:
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... base_MySQL