Grabbing one still image

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
BiloxiGeek

Grabbing one still image

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Is there a method to grab an still image from a monitor that is in an idle state? I don't want to force an alarm or set the monitor to record, I just want to grab one image from the feed. The camera is IP based. Events work nicely, but I find occasional instances where I'd like to grab one image that I can save to my local system without forcing an alarm or waiting for one to happen naturally.
mikb

Re: Grabbing one still image

Post by mikb »

BiloxiGeek wrote:Is there a method to grab an still image from a monitor that is in an idle state?.
If you don't find a ZM way to do this, why not go direct to the camera and dump out the JPG from its still-image interface?

e.g. wget or curl from "http://yourcamera/image.jpg" into a file?

Most IP Cameras have a still URL, a video URL, as well as the management and setup pages. Also, most will support more than one client, so it won't interfere with ZM.
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

That works when I'm at home on the local network. I was hoping for a way to do it via the ZM web interface so I don't have to log in remotely, then run a grab script (or whatever), then transfer the image outside the network. I already have a NAT rule so I can see my ZM setup from remote, so why not just grab a single image from that interface.
mikb

Post by mikb »

OK, that's a valid reason, I'll give you that one! :)

I'm not sure how to do it from ZM though.