socket_sendto( ) failed: No such file or directory

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
LucaTNT

socket_sendto( ) failed: No such file or directory

Post by LucaTNT »

Hi guys, I've built ZM 1.27 from source on my Debian Wheezy home server.

I added my Foscam 9805W cam as a FFMPEG RTSP source, and it seems to be recognized ("Capturing at xx fps" in the logs), however I can't see its image from the console, I am stuck in the socekt_sendto() error.
I checked in my apache logs, and the ScriptAlias is working properly, redirecting /cgi-bin/ to /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ where ZM's scripts are located.
The code seems to be looking for /tmp/zm/zms-123456s.sock, while in that directory a zms-123456w.sock gets created.

Here's my log:

Any help would be really appreciated
Luca
rceccleston

Re: socket_sendto( ) failed: No such file or directory

Post by rceccleston »

LucaTNT wrote:Hi guys, I've built ZM 1.27 from source on my Debian Wheezy home server.

I added my Foscam 9805W cam as a FFMPEG RTSP source, and it seems to be recognized ("Capturing at xx fps" in the logs), however I can't see its image from the console, I am stuck in the socekt_sendto() error.
I checked in my apache logs, and the ScriptAlias is working properly, redirecting /cgi-bin/ to /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ where ZM's scripts are located.
The code seems to be looking for /tmp/zm/zms-123456s.sock, while in that directory a zms-123456w.sock gets created.

Here's my log:

Any help would be really appreciated
Luca
Due to reliability issues with 'ffmpeg' capturing RTSP streams, its highly recommended to use 'libvlc' as the source type.

However, your first error suggests 'libjpeg-turbo' is not installed on your server.
LucaTNT

Post by LucaTNT »

I left ZM running for a while without checking it and now it works, I haven't changed anything...
That's good but I wonder what was causing the issue.

BTW, libjpeg turbo is not available in the repos for Wheezy. Since it works now, I won't bother compiling it, but thanks for pointing that out.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

You might want to install libjpeg-turbo from source and link it up so ZM builds against it, the performance advantage is pretty huge. The socket error is secondary to the real issue...ZM wasn't able to capture the stream.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

The libjpeg-turbo errors are generated because you have 32bit color space selected for you monitors, but you do not have libjpeg-turbo installed on your system. Use 24bit color space if you are unwilling to install libjpeg-turbo. There will be a performance hit, but at least it will work.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

knnniggett wrote:The libjpeg-turbo errors are generated because you have 32bit color space selected for you monitors, but you do not have libjpeg-turbo installed on your system. Use 24bit color space if you are unwilling to install libjpeg-turbo. There will be a performance hit, but at least it will work.
Great tip right there, I had no idea. I enabled 32bit color space on my cams and it did indeed lower the load on the system. Not a lot, but this system seldom runs over 0.8 with 6 cams. Still....I'll take any performance advantage I can get. Thanks for the info.