Re-Adding moved events

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
Digitalquill

Re-Adding moved events

Post by Digitalquill »

All

You may have seen my last thread about the spec for a new machine, currently we are limping along with a temporary solution on a laptop and external USB disk.

Due to disk space issues I moved some days worth of events off the Zoneminder server (just moved the folders and files on command line)

Now I have a need to see those days within zoneminder so I need to add them back, I have copied the files and folders back into the correct place on zoneminder, however, the events are not showing in the interface. I assume this is due to database records being missing.

Is there anyway I can re-index those events and have them show in the interface?

In hindsight I should not have messed around like this but it was a case of needs must.

Now we have good footage of the activity we wanted to capture, but I need evidence of activity prior to the event in question, hence needing to re-add footage.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Matt Houldsworth
Digitalquill
TheKorn

Re: Re-Adding moved events

Post by TheKorn »

Not aware of any way to re-add them to the database.

If you only need to re-add them so that zm can make video files out of them, another way is to load them into adobe premiere. It allows importing a sequence of numbered stills as though it was a single continuous video clip. (Probably other stuff does as well, but I'm familiar with premiere.)
PacoLM

Re: Re-Adding moved events

Post by PacoLM »

TheKorn wrote:Not aware of any way to re-add them to the database.

If you only need to re-add them so that zm can make video files out of them, another way is to load them into adobe premiere. It allows importing a sequence of numbered stills as though it was a single continuous video clip. (Probably other stuff does as well, but I'm familiar with premiere.)
Windows Movie Maker, free software that runs in Windows (yes, incredible, but free), allows to do the same.

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...