Fed 20 - ZM 1.27 - memory map file was instead 0

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
mermaid

Fed 20 - ZM 1.27 - memory map file was instead 0

Post by mermaid »

This is driving me up the wall.

I have an esoteric capture card that uses the Techwell 6800 driver (QT V4L2 test shows input from my 3 cameras), which worked quite happily with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and ZM 1.25. I had to upgrade the core server (needed to run more VM's) so I now have a machine with 8 cores on an AMD CPU, 32Gb Ram, 3Tb of disk.

As it is a new build, I took the opportunity to upgrade Ubuntu to 14.04 with a fresh install, compiled my capture card modules, inserted them, tested the input and set about installing ZM. Followed some of the newer guides, got a running ZM, added the monitor, and nothing - a blank box. OK, could it be the newness of 14.04 and 1.27? Blow that away to 12.04 and try 1.25 - same problem. Blow that away and try Mandriva (same), Debian (same), Centos (same), Springfield (same), Fedora 18, 19 (same) - ok so its not the version of linux!

Right, not a problem, scoured the web for ideas, tried all the "comment out scriptalias in apache.conf", adjusted the shmmax, still nothing, but the two messages that were constant "Memory map file '<path>/zm.mmap.x' should have been 896 but instead was 0" and "socket_sendto <path> failed: No such file or directory".

I've tried editing the Memory.pm file, i've tried modifying where the socks and tmp files are put, i've created zm.mmap.x and filled it with numbers (got a different message but generally in the expected x but got y way).

I've tried RPM install, DEB install, compiling, 1.26-5, 1.27 - I give up - is it time to get my DVR controller out of the garage and give up on zoneminder or am I missing something?

As best as I can make out
1) the zm.mmap.x files aren't being created - i've tried all sorts of chmod antics
2) the socks files aren't being created

All of the installs have been x86_64 based, seemed the best thing to do with 32Gb of Ram

Any ideas?