User language and translation problem, bug?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
sipi

User language and translation problem, bug?

Post by sipi »

Hi,

I'd like to use my zm 1.27 on other language, exactly I'd like to use to admin an English language (translation) and to users an other (Hungarian and German) language. Because I left LANG_DEFAULT to en_gb in the Option/System and changed LANGUAGE in the Option/Users to users defined language (de_de, hu_hu). But anything changed and all of Menu was English.

If changed LANG_DEFAULT to other language everything changed to selected language but user language selection didn't work.

How can I setup different language for different users in zm 1.27 or it is an bug?

Other problem is in Hungarian translation that there are some character encoding problem and there aren't full Hungarian translation. Yes, I know that hasn't problem if nobody hasn't been making it but I don't know where can I find the translation files that I can repair and make it. Finally, I don't know how can I load it to the "repo"? Can someone help me?

Thanks.
sipi

Re: User language and translation problem, bug?

Post by sipi »

I found the cause of character encoding problem and I'm sure that is a bug. The problem was that the "ConfiguredFor" string doesn't appear properly Hungarian language because some character were wrong in the status info on the console header. See the picture.

The problem was in skin.php in each skin because "strtolower" was used in 220 rows but it doesn't work properly utf8 accented characters. I think it need to fix. I suggest you use "mb_strtolower" and encoding detect for example.

Original code snippet:

?><?= $SLANG['LoggedInAs'] ?> <?= makePopupLink( '?view=logout', 'zmLogout', 'logout', $user['Username'], (ZM_AUTH_TYPE == "builtin") ) ?>,<?= strtolower( $SLANG['ConfiguredFor'] ) ?><?php

I recommend this:

?><?= $SLANG['LoggedInAs'] ?> <?= makePopupLink( '?view=logout', 'zmLogout', 'logout', $user['Username'], (ZM_AUTH_TYPE == "builtin") ) ?>,<?= mb_strtolower( $SLANG['ConfiguredFor'], mb_detect_encoding($SLANG['ConfiguredFor']) ) ?><?php

This works Hungarian and German languages.

For my other problem, don't anyone use different language for different user? How can I use this feature?

Thanks.
sipi

Post by sipi »

Here is the picture...
Attachments
picture.png
picture.png (6.42 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
picture.png
picture.png (6.42 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
sipi

Post by sipi »

Well, the cause of user language selection's problem is revealed. But I think nobody uses this ....

It is a bug, too. A patch was made for suse's rpms.

I think it will be good if someone improves this in the source code.

Thanks for monex.