Where's the latest tarball, build and install instructions?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
raydude

Where's the latest tarball, build and install instructions?

Post by raydude »

My 1.26.5 install was bad. Logging wasn't working. So I deleted everything and started from scratch with git 1.27. But I can't get it to work.

I thought 1.27 was released, but there's no announcement and official source tar ball, is there? If so I can't find it.

Plus, the wiki install guide is out of date.

I had 1.25 running pretty well, but man I'm having a hellova time getting 1.27 to work.

What I'd like:

1) A link to current install documentation.
2) A link to current build instructions.
3) A link to the 1.27 official tarball (if there is one).

Can someone throw me a bone?

Thanks.

Update: Using a combo of the INSTALL instructions in the repo with the wiki, I got it built but when I try to add a new modect (clean data base) I get the following error messages:

Code: Select all

Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/zm/includes/actions.php on line 515

Warning: symlink(): No such file or directory in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/zm/includes/actions.php on line 516

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fixdevices() in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/zm/includes/actions.php on line 553
Any ideas? I figure its the content path, but I set it to default and added a symlink in /var/lib/ called zoneminder to point to my large storage.
raydude

Re: Where's the latest tarball, build and install instructio

Post by raydude »

Update. I needed to run ./zmlinkcontent.sh. I still get the Fatal error though. And it still won't grab from my camera...

Must push on...
raydude

Post by raydude »

zmc -m 1 exits with this error...

Apr 13 16:35:31 server zmc_m1[1773]: ERR [Can't run query: Unknown column 'ExtendAlarmFrames' in 'field list']
raydude

Post by raydude »

Doesn't work. Don't know why.

Has anyone done a from scratch install of 1.27 and it worked?

I figure I must have bad luck or something.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Yes I have succesfully installed 1.27 on 3 machines running Puppy Linux UPUP 3.9.9.2 as operating system. 2 using a tarball GitHub and the 3rd downloaded more recently (a couple of days ago). There is a difference in the code! I did not recieve the fatal error on the version from 2 weeks ago but did on the most recent. looked at zm/includes/action.php and compared the one from 2 weeks earlier. Different, so I commented out the line with FixDevices() and everything worked. I was surprised when the error was thrown as well, since I just had built 2 versions running very smoothly. So I would try to go to /zm/includes/action.php find the line FixDevices() and comment it out

#     FixDevices()
Hope this helps. It seems like version 1.27 is still evolving.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

this is the code block from /zm/includes/action.php I altered by commenting out line 553. this starts at line 550

if ( $restart )
            {
                $monitor = dbFetchOne( "select * from Monitors where Id = ?", NULL, array($mid) );
#                fixDevices();
                //if ( $cookies )
                    //session_write_close();
                if ( daemonCheck() )
                {
                    zmaControl( $monitor, "stop" );
                    zmcControl( $monitor, "restart" );
                    zmaControl( $monitor, "start" );
                }
                //daemonControl( 'restart', 'zmwatch.pl' );
                $refreshParent = true;
            }
            $view = 'none';
        }
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

FWIW the git repository code is currently 'good' for use. I built from scratch on a new server on Friday and its been working very well. This are my current configure options:

./configure --with-libarch=lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --disable-debug --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --with-mysql=/usr --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin --with-webuser=www-data --with-webgroup=www-data --enable-mmap=yes ZM_SSL_LIB=openssl ZM_DB_USER=zm ZM_DB_PASS=zm
I am using the 'known good' snapshot of ffmpeg, kind of hard to track down, so I stashed a copy on Dropbox. If you need it...here it is:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/651 ... 688.tar.gz

This is my 'configure' for ffmpeg:

./configure --enable-shared --enable-swscale --enable-gpl --enable-libx264 --enable-libvpx --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora
Only thing out of the norm that I did was install libjpeg-turbo (libjpeg-turbo-official_1.3.1_amd64.deb) and tweaked a few links so zoneminder would use it for the build. I am not sure of how much difference that makes but it seems substantial. I am running 4 'local' cameras at 640x480@5FPS, one Foscam at 640x480@10FPS, and one HD IP cam using libvlc at 1024x768@10FPS with a system load that hovers around 0.50-0.75 with all cams set on 'mocord'. System is an Intel i7 950 locked at 3.07GHz (no speedstep) with 12GB RAM and an Adaptec 'real' RAID controller connected to a 4TB stripe.
raydude

Post by raydude »

linuxsense wrote:FWIW the git repository code is currently 'good' for use. I built from scratch on a new server on Friday and its been working very well. This are my current configure options:

./configure --with-libarch=lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --disable-debug --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --with-mysql=/usr --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin --with-webuser=www-data --with-webgroup=www-data --enable-mmap=yes ZM_SSL_LIB=openssl ZM_DB_USER=zm ZM_DB_PASS=zm
Thanks for replying, but this confuses me. The latest repo does not have a configure script. It uses CMAKE.

This is my cmake command:

cmake -DZM_DB_PASS="password" -DZM_WEBDIR="/var/www/localhost/htdocs/zm" -DCMAK
E_INSTALL_FULL_BINDIR="/usr/local/bin" -DZM_CGIDIR="/var/www/localhost/cgi-bin" .
Are you using the configure from the old versions of ZM to build the latest version? Does that work better?
raydude

Post by raydude »

rockedge wrote:this is the code block from /zm/includes/action.php I altered by commenting out line 553. this starts at line 550

if ( $restart )
            {
                $monitor = dbFetchOne( "select * from Monitors where Id = ?", NULL, array($mid) );
#                fixDevices();
                //if ( $cookies )
                    //session_write_close();
                if ( daemonCheck() )
                {
                    zmaControl( $monitor, "stop" );
                    zmcControl( $monitor, "restart" );
                    zmaControl( $monitor, "start" );
                }
                //daemonControl( 'restart', 'zmwatch.pl' );
                $refreshParent = true;
            }
            $view = 'none';
        }
Thanks. I commented it out but I'm still stuck with this in the logs:

2014-04-14 15:24:30.088590	zmdc	12187	ERR	'zmc -m 1' exited abnormally, exit status 30	zmdc.pl	
2014-04-14 15:24:30.083376	zmc_m1	12386	ERR	Can't run query: Unknown column 'ExtendAlarmFrames' in 'field list'	/usr/src/ZoneMinder/src/zm_zone.cpp	946
Any ideas?
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

raydude wrote:
Thanks for replying, but this confuses me. The latest repo does not have a configure script. It uses CMAKE.

This is my cmake command:

cmake -DZM_DB_PASS="password" -DZM_WEBDIR="/var/www/localhost/htdocs/zm" -DCMAK
E_INSTALL_FULL_BINDIR="/usr/local/bin" -DZM_CGIDIR="/var/www/localhost/cgi-bin" .
Are you using the configure from the old versions of ZM to build the latest version? Does that work better?
You can use either, I just used that command out of familiarity. If you want to use 'configure' just grab the repo and run the 'bootstrap.sh' script in the root folder. After that you can use './configure --whatever'. If used properly either method should provide similar results.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

2014-04-14 15:24:30.088590	zmdc	12187	ERR	'zmc -m 1' exited abnormally, exit status 30	zmdc.pl	
2014-04-14 15:24:30.083376	zmc_m1	12386	ERR	Can't run query: Unknown column 'ExtendAlarmFrames' in 'field list'	/usr/src/ZoneMinder/src/zm_zone.cpp	946
Any ideas?
You might be using an old database layout. I had a similar error but I cant remember the specifics. I just dropped all the tables and used the setup from the git repo to create a fresh layout...it was quicker than chasing down the exact issue.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Update. A zoneminding friend of mine sent me this link:

https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinde ... 7.0.tar.gz

This code captures 640x480 video from my Jr FosCam, but logging is completely broken. I get nothing in my log and that makes it hard to debug my 720p FosCam camera, which is what I was working on when I decided I needed to move to 1.27.0 to get the RTSP stuff working.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to wait until the next official release to get this working. Hopefully it will happen before we go on vacation in June.
raydude

Post by raydude »

linuxsense wrote:

Any ideas?
You might be using an old database layout. I had a similar error but I cant remember the specifics. I just dropped all the tables and used the setup from the git repo to create a fresh layout...it was quicker than chasing down the exact issue.
Thanks again. This is a clean install. I used the .sql file supplied by the latest repo to create the database. Is it possible it hasn't been updated to add the new column?

Just one more reason to wait until the next official release.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I see the issue. The initial 'zm_create.sql' file does not setup the DB with the latest requirements. Use 'zm_update-1.27.1.sql' in the 'db' folder of the source to resolve the problem. Depending on your config this command might need the password option but if you stop ZM and execute 'mysql zm < zm_update-1.27.1.sql' you should be good to go. At least on that issue ;)
raydude

Post by raydude »

linuxsense wrote:I see the issue. The initial 'zm_create.sql' file does not setup the DB with the latest requirements. Use 'zm_update-1.27.1.sql' in the 'db' folder of the source to resolve the problem. Depending on your config this command might need the password option but if you stop ZM and execute 'mysql zm < zm_update-1.27.1.sql' you should be good to go. At least on that issue ;)
Thanks. This helped.

I also had to disable shm to get the HD camera working even though my max value should be plenty high enough.

But, alas, the RTSP frame crash bug still exists with my HD camera.

I thought that was supposed to be fixed in 1.27.