Events closing too early

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
BiloxiGeek

Events closing too early

Post by BiloxiGeek »

I'm seeing events detected in multiple parts that I think should be one event.

It's basically detecting the end of movement too soon and stopping the initial event, only to detect another one right away. Still wrapping my head around all the nuts and bolts in zm, which setting will cause it to wait longer before closing the event?
mabene

Re: Events closing too early

Post by mabene »

Look at the "Buffers" Tab in the monitor setup - here you can specify Pre and Post Event Image Count. These settings tell zoneminder how many frames to record before the first frame that actually triggers an alarm and how long to keep recording after the last alarm frame.
If you increase the Post Event Image Count, your 2nd event would start before the first one ends and thus result in one longer event instead of two seperate ones.
Also, you probably want to adjust the alarm settings for the zone if the alarm goes inactive while there's still movement.
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Thanks, starting to make more sense now. I also ended playing with the sensitivity presets and that seems to have helped as well.
Sonnet

Post by Sonnet »

i have a issue with all ZM versions bigger then 1.25. I have mjpeg and h264 ip cams. capturing events is working gr8 with 1.27. Unfortantly everything bigger than version 1.25 can not playback with ffmpeg (mpeg). Mjpeg playback works. this is for Live view and events.
kaleem