Rotating recording

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
RyGy7

Rotating recording

Post by RyGy7 »

I can't seem to get my filter working correctly and I thought I understood the phrasing but It's not correct.
The goal is to record in 30 minute chunks then delete everything older than 10 hours in this case. Eventually I want to push to 24 hours if my disk can withstand it.

Archive status -> equal to -> unarchived
AND Monitor name -> equal to -> Front_Door
OR Monitor name -> equal to -> Back_Door
OR Monitor name -> equal to -> Driveway
OR Monitor name -> equal to -> Walkway
OR Monitor name -> equal to -> Garage
AND Date/Time -> less than -> -10 hour
DELETE ALL MATCHES.

So with this the filter is running but its deleting the previous 30 minute record. So only keeping the most current 30 minute clip.

Thoughts?
mikb

Re: Rotating recording

Post by mikb »

I can't see anything obviously wrong with your syntax, although I use "Date" "Less Than" "7 days ago" (rather than "-7 day")

Thought ... while experimenting, set up the filter how you want, and use "Submit" to see what events *would be* affected, without actually doing any harm.

Only when that returns the correct list of events to delete: Use "Execute" to make it actually do it.

When that's correct, then get clever and set it running (amok) in the background :)
RyGy7

Re: Rotating recording

Post by RyGy7 »

thanks for the tip of using "days ago". I have been testing and getting odd results, i'm not worried about losing anything just yet so i'm running it more like

Monitor name -> equal to -> Driveway

And Archive status -> equal to -> unarchived
And Date/Time -> less than -> 2 hours ago

So if i hit submit with just one monitor "Driveway" it performs as expected, removes anything older than two hours. (actually 1.5hr but close)

If i hit submit as shown in my example below, where I want two monitors to run this filter with the "OR" It deletes everything from driveway and anything older than 2 hours for walkway.

Monitor name -> equal to -> Driveway
OR Monitor name -> equal to -> Walkway

And Archive status -> equal to -> unarchived
And Date/Time -> less than -> 2 hours ago

Where am i going wrong?