How do I start ZM?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
Gary S

Re: How do I start ZM?

Post by Gary S »

Are your cameras USB cameras? If so, you can use the command "lsusb" to list your USB devices in the system. Do all your cameras show up in the list?

Open Cheese and see if you can view all 4 cameras in it. If you can view them there, it is a good sign that they system sees them.

I have not worked with USB cameras because they have a short cable length limitation so I'm not much help here. Analog video cameras and network IP cameras have far more flexibility for longer cables.
pooky2483

Re: How do I start ZM?

Post by pooky2483 »

Yes, they're USB cameras. Advent AWC113 HD.
I've been trying different things all day. I'm also using xeoma.
The people who made xeoma, Felenasoft said to open multiple instances of VLC and in each one open up a different webcam in each. When I had the Advent webcams connected, I could only see 1 input. I have since unplugged all the Advent webcams and plugged back in 2 webcams I had to start with, one is an HP and the other, I can't remember - They WORK, I can open up 2 VLC windows and choose different capture device inputs for each and they display what the webcam sees. But when I try and view an Advent webcam I also plugged in, I get a v4l error.

There must be something Linux doesn’t like about Advent webcams...

Saying that, I can only get one of the 'old' webcams to display an image in ZM!
Kubuntu 14.04 | ZM V 1.26 | M5A78LM-USB3 | Phenom II X4 965 3400+ | 8Gb Ram |