Fresh Ubuntu 14.04 1.26.5 installation no video

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
komodoo

Fresh Ubuntu 14.04 1.26.5 installation no video

Post by komodoo »

Hi!

Yesterday I've installed a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 LTS installation with the zoneminder package available on Aptitude (which installed correctly as far as I could see no errors being generated).

Now the problem is I don't see video on my live feed. Though the strange thing is I can still see an image (which nicely refreshes every time I open it) on the 'Zones' part of Zoneminder.

There was no way for me to upload a screenshot (board attachments full and I couldnt post a link to a picture host (new user).

So i looks like its working cause there is some kind of image coming through, though not for the live feed.

Is there anyone who had the same issue?

With kind regards,

Komodoo
komodoo

Re: Fresh Ubuntu 14.04 1.26.5 installation no video

Post by komodoo »

komodoo wrote:Hi!

Yesterday I've installed a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 LTS installation with the zoneminder package available on Aptitude (which installed correctly as far as I could see no errors being generated).

Now the problem is I don't see video on my live feed. Though the strange thing is I can still see an image (which nicely refreshes every time I open it) on the 'Zones' part of Zoneminder.

There was no way for me to upload a screenshot (board attachments full and I couldnt post a link to a picture host (new user).

So i looks like its working cause there is some kind of image coming through, though not for the live feed.

Is there anyone who had the same issue?

With kind regards,

Komodoo
Solved the problem, problem was not enabling CGI in Apache.

See http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... e_easy_way for further reference.
bbunge

Re: Fresh Ubuntu 14.04 1.26.5 installation no video

Post by bbunge »

Ah... when all else fails...

bb (author of the "easy" series for Ubuntu)