Ubuntu 15.04 and ZM 1.26.5

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
bbunge

Ubuntu 15.04 and ZM 1.26.5

Post by bbunge »

In case anyone needs to know you can install ZM on Ubuntu 15.04 by following these instructions.
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... e_easy_way

As of this writing there is not a version of ZM on the PPA for Ubuntu 15.04.

BB
bbunge

Re: Ubuntu 15.04 and ZM 1.26.5

Post by bbunge »

AS a test I upgraded a running Ubuntu 14.04 system with ZM 1.26.5. First upgrade went to Ubuntu 14.10 and the second went to Ubuntu 15.04. I was a bit concerned knowing 15.04 used MySQL 5.6 but the upgrade worked and the ZM database was converted to innodb_file_per_table! ZM was not set up to use systemd but used the old upstart.

Now, this was a test system I upgraded and can afford to blow it away and start over. If you do a "production" system I strongly recommend you back up your database first.

Oh, this test system also had Webmin running and it too worked after the upgrade.

Bill
sprinteroz

Post by sprinteroz »

It seem that the install was not successful for me, I'm running ubuntu 15.04 desktop 64bit ZM 1.26.5

root@darryxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/darrylxx# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Setting up zoneminder (1.26.5-1ubuntu7) ...
Job for mysql.service failed. See "systemctl status mysql.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing package zoneminder (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
zoneminder
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug Description

was updating this thing happened

ProblemType: Package
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 15.04
Package: zoneminder 1.26.5-1ubuntu7
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.19.0-10.10-generic 3.19.2
Uname: Linux 3.19.0-10-generic i686
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.16.2-0ubuntu5
Architecture: i386
Date: Sat Mar 28 13:36:12 2015
DuplicateSignature: package:zoneminder:1.26.5-1ubuntu7:subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
InstallationDate: Installed on 2015-02-28 (29 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-MATE 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Alpha i386 (20150225)
RelatedPackageVersions:
dpkg 1.17.24ubuntu1
apt 1.0.9.7ubuntu3
SourcePackage: zoneminder
Title: package zoneminder 1.26.5-1ubuntu7 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
sprinteroz

Post by sprinteroz »

Ok, I think I know what I'm doing wrong... I'm running ubuntu 15.04 Desktop 64bit when I should be running "Server". I will make a new boot usb and go from there. :roll:
sprinteroz

Post by sprinteroz »

ok I have Ubuntu server 15.04 installed all the steps went fine till the last step could you let me know what I have done wrong...

Error:

root@darrylxx:/usr/src# cp cambozola-0.935/dist/cambozola.jar /usr/share/zoneminder
cp: cannot stat ‘cambozola-0.935/dist/cambozola.jar’: No such file or directory

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:I can not add in the website link says post is spam.
I was able to fix the problem turns out the cambozola-0.935 is now cambozola-0.936

Now ZM 1.26.5 is running on my server. :shock:
Also would like to say Thank you for taking the time to write up the tutorial bbunge :mrgreen:

How I fixed to the above error:

First I went to this site and downloaded the .tar.gz file from charliemouse website after you have download it move the file to your home folder unpack the file there then go back to your terminal and type:

Code: Select all

tar xvfz cambozola-latest.tar.gz
I think the command I used was.... then type in

Code: Select all

cp cambozola-0.936/dist/cambozola.jar /usr/share/zoneminder  
Sorry if the command is wrong only new to Linux so still learning this stuff myself

Then do the last few steps of the tut
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

For the record there was no error in the install instructions. The version of Cambozola changed and I allowed for that with the instruction: "replace 935 with cambozola version downloaded."

Bill
cwalins

Post by cwalins »

I am currently using Ubuntu 15.04 MATE on a 32 bit AMD Sempron laptop. I downloaded Zoneminder 1.26.5-1ubuntu7 from the Software Center and it shows as installed on my computer. My question is how do get this program running? I understand that I need to run this from a terminal and I am using the MATE terminal. I tried to run the individual programs (zma, zmaudit.pl, and the others) from the terminal, but all I get are messages telling me that I need to specify options or a message telling me to specify a monitor. I believe I need a V4L program and I have VLC Media Player, which I think fulfills this requirement. Also, I believe I need a web browser and I have Firefox. What I do not understand is how to integrate all the individual components, which I seem to have, and get a working software system. Can anyone help?