Using Modect to read water meters rotary dialers - SOLVED...

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
soiski71

Using Modect to read water meters rotary dialers - SOLVED...

Post by soiski71 »

Hi All
I'm fairly new to zoneminder (1.26.5), but I have succesfully got my 2 yard cameras (via BTTV) and one IP camera that reads my Oil tank measurement level working very well. Now I have installed USB web cam to read also my water meter. Also this works for measurement reading, but what I really would like to do is to have modect in place to give me alarm if there is even slightest continious movent for X period ( Like 5 or 10 min ). Continious water usage on this level would not be normal and would suggest water leakage ( I'm living in a old house witj old pipings...).
Modect it self is working well and sees all the slightest movements of the rotary dialer, but it immidiately gives me the alert ( And I really do not want to get notified everytime some one in our household just flushes the toilet :)

I originally thought that I could use the "Alarm Frame Count" as it allows to put 99999 as max, but later realizing (afetr reading) that max is 16.

Has anyone ideas how to setup alarm that would be triggered ONLY if there are continious Alarm frames for X period (and as said approx 5-10 mins).

Help much appriciated,

Thanks Sami
Attachments
Picture of the water meter and the rotary dialer
Picture of the water meter and the rotary dialer
Water meter.jpg (106.66 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
Last edited by soiski71 on Sat May 31, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mastertheknife

Re: Using Modect to read water meters rotary dialers

Post by mastertheknife »

Perhaps the max value for "Alarm Frame Count" can be increased. I will look into it.
Kfir Itzhak.
soiski71

Re: Using Modect to read water meters rotary dialers

Post by soiski71 »

mastertheknife wrote:Perhaps the max value for "Alarm Frame Count" can be increased. I will look into it.
Hi MastertheKnife

Any update on this ?
soiski71

Re: Using Modect to read water meters rotary dialers - SOLVE

Post by soiski71 »

SOLVED... Sort Off
Well, started looking alternative options to solve the problem.

I created a event fileter that is looking for alarms where there is over 1000 frames (5 frames / sec = 300 per minute) for the WATER meter MODECT, ie water flowing constatntly over 3 minutes.
After finding the event the system is sending me E-mail notification as filter is running on backround job.

Well I was proud of my self for 10 seconds before I relised that if there would be a water leakage the alarm would never stop.... and as system is showing only the 0.00 for a new event until it gets closed. Looking on the system I could not find a way to limit MODECT captures to certain frames (only applies to RE/MOCORD states).
But then I started to think about the Cron job that I had created erlier to change one of my Oil Meter MONITORS to record every night 1 min footage (othwerwise it is jus normal MONITOR). During the Cron job status change the system is actaully rebooting into different mode and effectively stopping all activities when changing the mode.

Now I have created a addition to the Cron table that the system is re-initiating it self every 15 mins (effectlively closing any MODETECT recording ongoin) and hence splitting the MODECT recording to smaller bits. If now the Event filter founds matching Event with water meter running on alarm state more than 1000 frams, it sends me E-mail notification ( with my to be plumbers phone number :) )

This is not the most elegant way to do it as it disrupts the whole ZM for approx 20-30 seconds and not sure is there going to be I'll effect to Zoneminder in longer run.

If any one has idea how to create a "nice" script (to be run from Cron) that would effect ONLY one of the monitors (MODECT) with similar effect (Re-start), please let me know. THANKS !!
Attachments
Event filer + Cron job
Event filer + Cron job
Event Filter + Cron Job.jpg (87.34 KiB) Viewed 2289 times