1.26.5 Ubuntu 13.10 No Video

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
bbunge

1.26.5 Ubuntu 13.10 No Video

Post by bbunge »

I've installed Ubuntu 13.10 with mini 64 BIT install, Basic Server, Open SSH Server and LAMP.
Used the following to install ZM:
Get the install package from PPA:
wget https://launchpad.net/~iconnor/+archive ... _amd64.deb

Install the package and dependencies:
dpkg -i zoneminder_1.26.5-1_amd64.deb; apt-get install -f;

Make sure ZM installed the database fully:
dpkg-reconfigure zoneminder;

Make Symbolic Link:
ln -s /etc/zm/apache.conf /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/zoneminder.conf

Restart Apache
/etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload

Add User
adduser www-data video

Added my timezone to PHP
nano /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini date.timezone = America/New_York See: http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

Added ZM Version to conf
nano /etc/zm/zm.conf ZM_VERSION=1.26.5

I've added cameras. ZM is capturing motion and recording events. NO ERRORS IN LOG! But still no video when I click on an event or camera!

I need to add that I was able to have a fully successful system installing on Ubuntu 13.04 and doing a distribution upgrade to 13.10.

Any suggestions welcome.

Bill
Update: I turned on OPT_USE_AUTH and created a user. Logged in as the user and am getting errors:
getStreamCmdResponse stream error: socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-713581s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory - checkStreamForErrors()
for component webjs
rockets

Re: 1.26.5 Ubuntu 13.10 No Video

Post by rockets »

bbunge>>I have a simular problem, but totally diff hardware.

zm>>126.5 from ppa
ubuntu 12.04 server (no x11)
old acer netbook, atom chip, cracked screen therefore all access ssh or apache.

My install finished successfully, linked apache, permissions, delay zmfix 15, etc.

I installed 2 remote ip cams and they are working fully. Modect, logging alarms etc, filters working, view feed in zm, external browser works. Still have to setup email and a few things.

Problem::: when I tried usb cam (at the acer) zm does not display feed!!! zmc is working capturing the cam, but display is black. The console colors are orange or green corresponding to monitor or modect. Forced alarm triggers sound and event but no video.

tail /var/log/syslog gives >>
zmc_dvideo0[24493]: INF [usb1: 22000 - Capturing at 6.25 fps]

I know this doesn't help you, but if some one knowledgeable sees this maybe it will help. At least to give us a clue what to check next.

EDIT>>Monday morn...its working for me. The color settings were severely outa whack, so night lighing produced black??? >camera name>settings>
color-settings.png
color-settings.png (25.04 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
B_jare_hotrods

Re: 1.26.5 Ubuntu 13.10 No Video

Post by B_jare_hotrods »

Well I seem to be getting somewhere, I essentially did "bbunge" steps here but off of the wiki's

Ubuntu 12.04/13.04 Desktop

and doing that tasktel thing to add lamp then:

Ubuntu Server 12.04 64-bit with Zoneminder 1.26.5 the easy way

and started at "Install PPA Repository for Zoneminder 1.26.5-1"
but after I do the "apt-get update" it gives me an error about fail to load all repository info or something related to the iconnor

when I looked it up under ppa. launchpad for iconnor there is no distribution for saucy, so if your are running linux mint 16 kde 64bit like me or ubuntu 13.10 that error will happen; i dont know if theres another way of doing it but this is what I did, I brought up my synaptic package manager then clicked on settings then repositories and you'll see a line that says http ppa. launchpad. net iconnor zoneminder ubuntu with the distribution of saucy, click on it and overtype it and type in raring which of course is ubuntu 13.04 click okay and reload so it confirms the changes, close it back to terminal and do the apt-get update again should solve the load issue, cause i tried it before and did the install without this and I believe it was missing some components for the install cause it still installed and I could bring up a console if I remember right.

I did all the rest of those steps and because the newest version of apache2 is 2.4 so do the next steps which are:

Ubuntu 13.10 - Apache 2.4 with Zoneminder configuration changes

after that I reset and brought up the console and added a basic monitor i use with a usb capture card i've used and had working before under dev video0 but to no avail, the monitor adds and turns orange from red but no video under event live view, was getting the:
zmfilter.pl not working in 1.26.5????
so I followed those steps and even commented what i did in there also added the "sudo apt-get install libmime-tools-perl" that was recommended in there

then came to this thread and made sure i did:
Added my timezone to PHP
nano etc php5 apache2 php.ini date.timezone

that didnt help I was getting when i would click to bring up the live event view i would get these 2 erors:

Unknown error type: [2] gettimeofday(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. #0 Panic(Unknown error type: [2] gettimeofday(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function.
and after it i would get this one:

socket_sendto( tmp zm zms-132334s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory
i would usually get this message whatever i tried but the number would change on the s.sock

so i did what the message said: changed the gettimeofday() to date_default_timezone_set() on line 412 of usr share zoneminder includes logger.php and rebooted just to make sure everything was reloaded and I am not getting these messages anymore, from either the console regular or with bringing up the live event view window but it still wont produce an image in the event view, anyone any closer, I'm going to change the camera config settings and maybe add one of my wanscam network cameras and see what happens