MySQL error in log... but MySQL works fine!

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
McFuzz

MySQL error in log... but MySQL works fine!

Post by McFuzz »

Gents,

Every 15 minutes, to the dot, I get the following errors:

Code: Select all

'zmaudit.pl -c' exited abnormally, exit status 255
Can't execute: MySQL server has gone away
These started after upgrading from 1.25.0 to 1.26.3 and continue after upgrading to 1.26.4 (running InnoDB). The funny thing is that everything works fine; events record... stills show... event history displays recordings... so basically all is well. Furthermore, MariaDB (my version of SQL) runs great; no errors whatsoever in mysql.err or mysql.log!

So... any ideas?
McFuzz

Re: MySQL error in log... but MySQL works fine!

Post by McFuzz »

Anyone...?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Don't know what distro you are on. It must be a new one if you are using MariaDB.
I very briefly tried MariaDB in a Fedora 19 vm and did not notice any issues. However, I could have easily overlooked the issue you describe.

The Fedora team previously communicated to me that there are unspecified issues with MariaDB and we should not use it with zoneminder for the time being. I did not ask what the issue(s) was/were.

Recommend you try community-mysql-server and see if that makes a difference.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

I am running Debian 6 and prior to upgrading to 1.26.x, it ran flawlessly...

Tried re-installing maria... to no avail. I may swap to Percona though since I <3 Percona more now :p
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

Bump
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

Bump!
chippy99

Post by chippy99 »

Just a thought, might be complete rubbish :>) but since there are not a lot of responses to this.
Maybe its something to do with persistent connections, do you have "mysql.allow_persistent = On" set in php.ini ?

Don't think it is anything specific to mariadb as I am using it without any problems
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

chippy99 wrote:Just a thought, might be complete rubbish :>) but since there are not a lot of responses to this.
Maybe its something to do with persistent connections, do you have "mysql.allow_persistent = On" set in php.ini ?

Don't think it is anything specific to mariadb as I am using it without any problems
It is enabled, but it also has been enabled from the get-go before upgrading to 1.26.4 :\
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

Well - this has been resolved... by redoing the VM (which was due to be done anyway)...