Ubiquiti AirCam, ZM, and rtsp vs ffmpeg

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
sjthespian

Ubiquiti AirCam, ZM, and rtsp vs ffmpeg

Post by sjthespian »

I have a handful of Upiquiti Aircams that I am trying to get working reliably with ZoneMinder. They do work if I use ffmpeg, but I would like to have them use the rtsp stream to offload some of the processor load from the server as well as fix some glitching images I'm getting.

I've played with various combinations of the rtsp settings and I seem to be getting close. However, I'm getting the following error in from zmc:

Code: Select all

09/17/13 09:52:41.095382 zmc_m8[20242].FAT-zm_remote_camera_rtsp.cpp/209 \[swscale does not support the codec format: ����\]
From a quick dig through the source code it looks like this is because it either can't determine the codec or is one that is unsupported by libswscale. I'm not sure why swscale is even involved as I am not trying to scale the image, I am using the native size from the camera.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working via. rtsp?
jameswilson

Re: Ubiquiti AirCam, ZM, and rtsp vs ffmpeg

Post by jameswilson »

the rtsp feed from 1.25 was relying on mpeg4. I may be wrong but it did not support h264. Plus if it did it would use the ffmpeg libs and would I guess still have the same overhead. the ffmpeg option was used to allow future stuff. Which was a while ago id agree. But the benefit of that option is new stuff is still supported by zm without rework.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk