Problems after upgrade to 1.26.2

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
BlueH2O

Problems after upgrade to 1.26.2

Post by BlueH2O »

I am having much difficulty getting ZM to work after this update. I am using external triggering, and the zmtrigger.pl daemon will no longer stay running. It will run for a while but eventually die with:

Code: Select all

variable is not a string at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/ZoneMinder/Memory/Mapped.pm line 109.
Posts here and there say you have to modify an init script somewhere to get zmtrigger to start. I don't get why that should be. I see it is referenced in zmdc.pl with all the other daemons but yet doesn't start automatically?? I would try to get more debug info from ZM but the Debug tab in the config is blank. All of the log files in /var/www/html/zm/temp end just before the upgrade. All of my images are in gray scale even though the video stream is color. I've already set my kernel shared memory settings long ago.

kernel.shmmax=68719476736
kernel.shmall=4294967296
How do I get zmtrigger.pl to start properly with the other daemons?
How do I get it to stay running?
How do I get my images in color?
MichaelTiemann

Re: Problems after upgrade to 1.26.2

Post by MichaelTiemann »

It is possible that you didn't get the memo that the sh* settings for many kernels are based on *pages* not *bytes*. Here are my settings for 13 cameras:

shmmax:301989888
shmall:2048000

To change the monitors from grayscale to color, go to the monitor settings (click on the IP address) and change 8-bit grayscale to 32-bit color.
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

MichaelTiemann wrote:It is possible that you didn't get the memo that the sh* settings for many kernels are based on *pages* not *bytes*. Here are my settings for 13 cameras:

As I said, I have been using the same shared memory settings for ages. The values chosen were not just for ZoneMinder.
To change the monitors from grayscale to color, go to the monitor settings (click on the IP address) and change 8-bit grayscale to 32-bit color.
Forgot to mention I already checked this, and it makes no difference if I set this to grayscale or 24-bit color, I still get grayscale.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

BlueH2O wrote:
MichaelTiemann wrote:It is possible that you didn't get the memo that the sh* settings for many kernels are based on *pages* not *bytes*. Here are my settings for 13 cameras:

As I said, I have been using the same shared memory settings for ages. The values chosen were not just for ZoneMinder.
Forgot to mention I already checked this, and it makes no difference if I set this to grayscale or 24-bit color, I still get grayscale.
No, you should set your monitors to the new 32bit color option, not 24bit. If you do not see the option for 32bit then zmupdate was not run or was not run properly. Please report back if this is the case.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

knnniggett wrote:
BlueH2O wrote:
MichaelTiemann wrote:No, you should set your monitors to the new 32bit color option, not 24bit. If you do not see the option for 32bit then zmupdate was not run or was not run properly. Please report back if this is the case.
I do not have a 32 bit option.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Then that is the first problem you need to address.

It is important that you (re)run zmupdate.pl like so:

sudo zmupdate.pl --user=root --pass={mysql_root_password}
Say yes when asked to perform a backup.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

If you don't see 32bit colour option, only the old option (8bit or 24bit, and is broken), it means you aren't using ZM 1.26's web files. Most likely used wrong --with-webdir path.
Also, in zm 1.26, the 24bit option works just fine. The only difference is that 32bit can take better advantage of SSE and may result in better performance at a small cost of slightly higher memory usage per monitor.

mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

Problems in this post also ended up getting worked on in this thread http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 30&t=21334