Upgraded from 1.24.2 --> 1.26.2 - All events gone

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
BlueH2O

Re: Upgraded from 1.24.2 --> 1.26.2 - All events gone

Post by BlueH2O »

OK, I do not understand what I am doing wrong here. I dropped the database, did a make uninstall and did a complete re-install. I still have no 32-bit color option.
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

I went back and did a 'make uninstall' on 1.24.2, and 1.26.2, deleted everything I could find, dropped the database, and started a fresh build with 1.26.3. It will not complete the 'make' with:

Code: Select all

Making all in tools
make[3]: Entering directory `/root/ZoneMinder-1.26.3/web/tools'
Making all in mootools
make[4]: Entering directory `/root/ZoneMinder-1.26.3/web/tools/mootools'
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `mootools-core-1.3.2-nc.js', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/ZoneMinder-1.26.3/web/tools/mootools'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/ZoneMinder-1.26.3/web/tools'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/ZoneMinder-1.26.3/web'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ZoneMinder-1.26.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2
What am I doing wrong this time?!!? :evil:
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Doing a make uninstall will only delete the zm files under /usr/local. If you have an old version of zoneminder under /usr those files will still be there.

Let's backup here... what Linux distro are you running?
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

knnniggett wrote:Let's backup here... what Linux distro are you running?
Sorry.. CentOS 5.9 64-bit
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Remove zm 1.26 by performing a make uninstall
If you have the 1.24 source files around, do a make uninstall from that folder as well.
Now do this to remove any other versions that have been installed via rpm:

sudo yum uninstall zoneminder
Any reason why you have not upgraded to CentOS 6.4?
I've got zoneminder rpm's ready to go for CentOS 6. No compiling necessary
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=19119

These might very well work on CentOS 5 if you rebuild the source rpm.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

knnniggett wrote:Remove zm 1.26 by performing a make uninstall
If you have the 1.24 source files around, do a make uninstall from that folder as well.
Now do this to remove any other versions that have been installed via rpm:

sudo yum uninstall zoneminder
I have done these steps already.
knnniggett wrote:Any reason why you have not upgraded to CentOS 6.4?
As you probably know, there is no supported upgrade path from one major release to another. The only path is to do a fresh install and re-install and re-configure all applications. I'm just not ready for that yet.
knnniggett wrote:I've got zoneminder rpm's ready to go for CentOS 6. No compiling necessary
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=19119
These might very well work on CentOS 5 if you rebuild the source rpm.
I will try that.
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

Building from SRPM:

error: Failed build dependencies:
        libjpeg-turbo-devel is needed by zoneminder-1.26.0-1.x86_64
        perl(Net::SFTP::Foreign) is needed by zoneminder-1.26.0-1.x86_64
        perl(Expect) is needed by zoneminder-1.26.0-1.x86_64
        perl(X10::ActiveHome) is needed by zoneminder-1.26.0-1.x86_64
        perl(Astro::SunTime) is needed by zoneminder-1.26.0-1.x86_64
Is there a reason I cannot use the 1.26.3 source? What is mootools? Can I build without it?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

I am out of town for the next two weeks and will not be able to post a new set of rpm's for 1.26.3 until I get back. There is no fucntional difference between 1.26.0 and 1.26.3.

The error you got when you tried to rebuild the source rpm was caused by not following the instructions posted in the link I sent you. Install the additional repositories and prereq rpm's stated in that link first.

The names of the perl rpm's can sometimes be tricky to discover. Here they are in case in you need them:
perl-Expect.noarch
perl-Net-SFTP-Foreign.noarch
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

knnniggett wrote:e source rpm was caused by not following the instructions posted in the link I sent you. Install the additional repositories and prereq rpm's stated in that link first.
Those RPM's have XZ payloads and cannot be installed on CentOS/RHEL 5.x. I will try a fresh build with 1.26.2.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Well, even though we are not having much success at it, I really am trying to make it easier for you both now and in the long run.

To keep inline with CentOS best practices, I would recommend that you continue down the path of installing zoneminder via rpm rather than from source. Note that some of the prereq rpms missing from your system are required, whether you are installing from rpm or from source (The fact that you got it to compile initially w/o those is disturbing). Your priority should be to find substitutes for those.

The perl modules can be installed from command line if you can't find a suitable rpm, but I am pretty certain that I was able to find all those back when I last ran CentOS 5.
Libjpeg-turbo-devel should be in the epel repository or on the libjpeg-turbo website.
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

FYI: For the time being, I have got 1.26.2 working. mootools was installed (is it supposed to be missing from the 1.26.3 source tree?), but I had to tell apache to follow symlinks to access it. I now have the 32-bit color option. Funny thing is, if I select that I get no picture.. but if I select 24-bit I get a normal, color picture.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

BlueH2O wrote:FYI: For the time being, I have got 1.26.2 working. mootools was installed (is it supposed to be missing from the 1.26.3 source tree?), but I had to tell apache to follow symlinks to access it. I now have the 32-bit color option. Funny thing is, if I select that I get no picture.. but if I select 24-bit I get a normal, color picture.
Glad you got it working. I'm fairly certain that 32bit isn't working because you were missing libjpeg-turbo-devel. That is all part of mastertheknife's permformance patch. While 24bit will work, you won't get the performance improvements, which are significant.

mootools is a completely different open source project and is not part of the zoneminder source tree. However, it is built and installed for you in the rpm's I have created. Same goes for jscalendar and cambozola.
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

knnniggett wrote:Glad you got it working. I'm fairly certain that 32bit isn't working because you were missing libjpeg-turbo-devel. That is all part of mastertheknife's permformance patch. While 24bit will work, you won't get the performance improvements, which are significant.
Is this true even with a camera feed in 24-bit colorspace?
knnniggett wrote:mootools is a completely different open source project and is not part of the zoneminder source tree. However, it is built and installed for you in the rpm's I have created. Same goes for jscalendar and cambozola.
I'm confused as to why 1.26.2 simply installs it in /zm/tools/mootools/ but 1.26.3 complains about it and won't build.

Side note, I see there is now a deinterlace function. This could be very useful for me- can you point me to documentation of the various options?

P.S. Thanks for your help, have a safe journey.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

BlueH2O wrote:
knnniggett wrote:Glad you got it working. I'm fairly certain that 32bit isn't working because you were missing libjpeg-turbo-devel. That is all part of mastertheknife's permformance patch. While 24bit will work, you won't get the performance improvements, which are significant.
Is this true even with a camera feed in 24-bit colorspace?
knnniggett wrote:mootools is a completely different open source project and is not part of the zoneminder source tree. However, it is built and installed for you in the rpm's I have created. Same goes for jscalendar and cambozola.
I'm confused as to why 1.26.2 simply installs it in /zm/tools/mootools/ but 1.26.3 complains about it and won't build.

Side note, I see there is now a deinterlace function. This could be very useful for me- can you point me to documentation of the various options?

P.S. Thanks for your help, have a safe journey.
I'm not sure about the mootools issue. I have not see any changes to the zm source recently that would affect that, but I'll take another look tonight.

You will get a really good explaination about 32bit colorspace (why to use it) and deinterlacing by reading the first post in this thread here:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=17652