1.25.0 to 1.26.B3 UPGRADE, how?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
snakeboy

1.25.0 to 1.26.B3 UPGRADE, how?

Post by snakeboy »

Like an fool, I thought this would be simple or that idiot-proof instructions would be available somewhere by now (Ubuntu Server 12.04 64). I tried following the directions here adjusting for B3 to no avail. I was about to try the puppet script when I realized it was for fresh install only.
As a noob, I probably shouldn't be messing with this, but a chance to squash bugs in 1.25.0 at long last is too hard to resist.

Would some kind person please provide step-by-step idiot-proof UPGRADE instructions to help me get the current build going?
ryannathans

Re: 1.25.0 to 1.26.B3 UPGRADE, how?

Post by ryannathans »

kylejohnson wrote:Hey there. All that you should need to do is build and install zoneminder from source, and then run the zmupdate.pl script. The wiki instructions for upgrading should be applicable
knight-of-ni

Re: 1.25.0 to 1.26.B3 UPGRADE, how?

Post by knight-of-ni »

For starters, make sure you are using the source from the 1.26.3 release (released yesterday), and *not* 1.26 Beta 3.

If you choose to use the puppet module, you should not have to worry about this.

I tested the puppet module on an existing database, and the installation did work w/o damaging anything. Naturally, it complains when it cannot create the zm database, but everything else should be in place. After running the module, just follow the normal upgrade instructions to update your existing database to the latest and then the zoneminder service should start.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/