Upgrade instructions from 1.25.0 -> 1.26.1?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
McFuzz

Upgrade instructions from 1.25.0 -> 1.26.1?

Post by McFuzz »

Hola!

Does anyone have instructions no how to upgrade 1.25.0 to 1.26.1 on Debian6? I had to manually compile the install due to puppet not behaving itself...

Thanks!
kylejohnson

Re: Upgrade instructions from 1.25.0 -> 1.26.1?

Post by kylejohnson »

Hey there. All that you should need to do is build and install zoneminder from source, and then run the zmupdate.pl script. The wiki instructions for upgrading should be applicable.

My bad regarding puppet - it is only for fresh installs and doesn't handle upgrades at all.
Idling as gnulnx in #zoneminder on freenode. Come say hi!
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

kylejohnson wrote:Hey there. All that you should need to do is build and install zoneminder from source, and then run the zmupdate.pl script. The wiki instructions for upgrading should be applicable.

My bad regarding puppet - it is only for fresh installs and doesn't handle upgrades at all.
Question:

For those of us who used mastertheknife's modified source... will 1.26.2 override the modifications implemented by him? Or are they already included in the new source?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Yes, all of mastertheknife's modifications are in the 1.26.x releases.
Also, many of the well known bugs that forum users have identified over yeras, dating back to 1.24, have been fixed.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/