new install compilation failed

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
ehem

new install compilation failed

Post by ehem »

Can someone take a look at this and jump start me?????? I'm stuck with a failure after install.
Apache2 is up and running on localhost at 127.0.0.1
using mint cinnimon 17.2 the repository installs zoneminder 1.26 for me
I'll start with I have restarted the OS before I post this.
I login with admin / admin... I see the screen start up then it crashes.
error message is:
Not Found
The requested URL /zm/undefined was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80

So after some searching I try this:
sudo /etc/init.d/zoneminder restart ****(note: when I look in the folder /etc/init.d/zoneminder I find no /init.d folder or file)****
Stopping ZoneMinder: Bareword "ZM_PATH_LOGS" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Logger.pm line 153.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Logger.pm line 168.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 34.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37.
Zoneminder already stopped

So the first line above says stopping ZoneMinder and points to /usr/share/perl5/Zondminder/logger.pm line 153
a quick look at line 153 says->>> $this->{logPath} = ZM_PATH_LOGS;
line 168 says- >>> no strict 'subs';
a quick look at Zoneminder.pm line 34 says->>> use ZoneMinder::Logger qw(:all);
quick look at user/bin/zmpkg.pl line 37 says->> use ZoneMinder;

_So below I try update and get the following.
$ zmupdate.pl-f
zmupdate.pl-f: command not found

~ $ sudo zmupdate.pl-f
[sudo] password for ehem:

sudo: zmupdate.pl-f: command not found

~ $ zmupdate.pl -f
Bareword "ZM_PATH_LOGS" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Logger.pm line 153.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Logger.pm line 168.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 48.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 48.

$ sudo ln -s /etc/zm/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.confln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.conf’: No such file or directory
ehem

Re: new install compilation failed

Post by ehem »

I got some help on this elsewhere.

Maybe it will help someone else so I'll post it.

In terminal type:
mysql -u root -p /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql < /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql

should lead to errors, you could drop the zm database and then it should run without errors

If you don't have phpmyadmin installed then do so from the repository.

If you can't login in to phymyadmin from a browser window then close the window and open a new one.

open phpmyadmin, login as root and your password if your an admin, go to home screen then on right side, open the database tab, mark the zm database use the delete or remove button to delete it (you'll see a warning about to delete complete database, run the zm_create script from above

click on home icon on left panel then on the right panel you choose the tab databases, then you don't get a db list with the option to check are you logged in as root?

delete (remove) the zm database then mysql -u root -p < /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql
now go open in browser localhost/zm
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

If you look in the WIKI you will find up to date instructions for installing 1.26.5 on Ubuntu 14.04 which will work for your version of Mint. We spend a lot of time testing and writing things up and people still try to reinvent the wheel!

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way
feddericofauss

Post by feddericofauss »

Just in case anyone needs it, I found a guide to compiel apache2 that also includes init.d scripts here: https://tutorials.technology/tutorials/ ... linux.html