Netzwork Hard Disk / NAS

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
TehEvil

Netzwork Hard Disk / NAS

Post by TehEvil »

Hey guys,
I installed Zoneminder 1.26 on my raspberry pi 2. I think it's working well, but I got problem with recording to my NAS.

I've got a Fritzbox at which my external harddisk ist connected to. I mounted it to my rasp via fstab:
//fritz.nas/fritz.nas/WDCWD50-01 /mnt/networkhd cifs credentials=/home/pi/.smbcredentials,users,auto,uid=www-data,gid=root 0 0
or:
//fritz.nas/fritz.nas/WDCWD50-01 /mnt/networkhd cifs credentials=/home/pi/.smbcredentials,users,auto,uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0

/mnt/networkhd/zoneminder/images /var/cache/zoneminder/images none defaults,bind 0 2
/mnt/networkhd/zoneminder/events /var/cache/zoneminder/events none defaults,bind 0 2
duo to the tutorial from the wiki.

I also set some permissions chown and chmod, one of them didnt work because it is an NTFS Drive I think.

While recording, I get many events, but they all end with:
secs frame score
0.00 null/null 0/0
which means, that the motion detection is working. The log is red, but when I open it, it does not provide any information in it (maybe because it should also be written on the nas?).

What can I do guys?
bbunge

Re: Netzwork Hard Disk / NAS

Post by bbunge »

I can't find any issues with your setup but I'm not an expert with this. I would recommend using the NAS IP address vs. the URL. I was not able to locate the WIKI article you referenced. Can you provide a link to it? Do you need to create a symbolic link from the pi to the nas events/images directory? Do you have those directories created in the NAS mounts?
TehEvil

Re: Netzwork Hard Disk / NAS

Post by TehEvil »

Thank you for your answer.

I used the article in which it is explained to mount a dedicated hard drive: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... Hard_Drive
I think it makes no difference if I use the IP or the URI, because, for the raspberry, it works.

I don't know if I need that symbolic link, just did it because it is described in the article. Yes, I made it via ssh via raspberry with mkdir, so at least the raspberry has all rights needed, what about apache, can I try it somehow? Called the user www-data.