Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
- Posts: 1077
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:12 pm
For those running 1.25 (or below), a significantly updated version (1.29) of ZoneMinder has been released. Specifically:
- Many security fixes
- Much easier to install/upgrade compared to older versions with clear guides
- New multi-server feature that lets you connect different ZM installs together in a more efficient way
- New APIs for 3rd party apps, including a new mobile app
- and many more features
Please see the new ZoneMinder site
(it's a new launch) and the new blog
for more details.
If you don't want to upgrade, we'd love to know why. Please participate in the poll above!
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:55 pm
- Location: Shiloh, IL
Wow, nothing but crickets here.
We know you are there. Our telemetry data is telling us there are at least 20,000 ZoneMinder 1.25 systems running right now, and those are only the end users who have left the check-for-updates box enabled under options.
We would really like to receive your feedback.
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 am
My guess is that most users install the version that is available in their distribution, and they are using a "stable" version of the distro where packages only get bug fixes.
- Posts: 967
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:55 pm
- Location: Spain
Well, this could be a sign that the active users are more proactive to install upgrades and the users with a stable 1.25 working server does not visit the forum that often.
I would add the option "I already upgraded to 1.29"....
Regards, thanks and good job!
mini-ITX system (6 IPCams - Ubuntu14.04 - ZM1.31.1)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests