Alert email help and live view question

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
Laurence243

Alert email help and live view question

Post by Laurence243 »

Reposting this here because I'm not getting any replies in the 1.28 section, plus I'm actually running 1.25.0. I ran /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl today and it said 1.25 matched the database version and didn't update. I am running a Raspberry Pi 2 with Raspbian.

How do I find my "url of your installation as it would appear from where you read your email" for linking to the live feed?

Bigger question, I followed thisto set up email alerts: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... Zoneminder

SSMTP is working, can send myself an email via command line.
Have reached the end of the wiki, zoneminder still isn't sending me emails for alerts though :/

What other info would you guys need from me? I ran the tail command while Zoneminder was running and it never sent a call to try to send an email :/ I just identified the zmtrigger abnormal exit status 9 bug (not sure how to go about fixing it but I don't think its the problem here?).
Laurence243

Re: Alert email help and live view question

Post by Laurence243 »

Somehow none of the wikis I was using mentioned setting up a filter so it would send an email on alert.

I managed to find some instructions on how to do that, and set up a filter as such:

Alarm Frames greater than or equal to 1

Email Details of all matches checked
Message details of all matches checked

checked the box to allow it to run in the background

I'd upload screenshots of my settings but apparently I can't attach photos and it won't let me link to an off-site photo because it "looks spammy"

Still not getting any emails :/ I know the SSMTP server is working, I can send myself and email via command line, and I have everything else set up as per the wiki above.
strelalex

Re: Alert email help and live view question

Post by strelalex »

DId you find the answer for this problem?

I have same thing right now.