change Timeline "video" resolution?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
fips

change Timeline "video" resolution?

Post by fips »

Hey Guys!

Is it possible to change the timeline video resolution?

Thanks
Fips
Linwood

Re: change Timeline "video" resolution?

Post by Linwood »

Oh I hope someone answers. Also, someone on another forum told me they thought someone had changed this to simultaneously show all monitors (not just on the timeline but to provide for simultaneous view as you scrub through). Are there other variations of this floating around?

Frankly I'm amazed it works at all given its in a web browser, but no point in being happy just because it's already really cool. :lol:
Linwood

Post by Linwood »

I've been exploring and tracked this down.

The image size seems controlled by /web/skins/classic/views/timeline.php. There's an array (chart) near the top that has hard coded specific fields in it. I played with them a bit, increasing some and got large images (and also screwed up some positioning).

I believe one could modify that for different resolution successfully, but lacking someone who knows this code well, it would take a bit of research to tell how each field relates to each other -- they are hard coded as opposed to relative, so you have to make changes in sync. I may tackle trying it one day as I'm very interested in that display (I actually want to try first modifying it to see if i can get one image per monitor there, with simultaneous updates).

It's really a rather clever approach with dynamically sized div's, etc., but it looks like it might be a bit fragile to an amateur php programmer (me) hacking it.
Linwood

Post by Linwood »

If you have interest in a variation of this which permits scaling and multiple monitors I wrote something and submitted on git, and would welcome feedback.

You need to be a bit programming savy, but do not need to build from sources, just drop into the right places.

I don't know for sure if this is the right way to give a pointer but see if it works: https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/pull/961