ZM creates Continuous events in Mocord mode

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
Nerre

ZM creates Continuous events in Mocord mode

Post by Nerre »

As soon as I set any Monitor (I have 3 set up) to Mocord zm starts recording Continuous events... There is no score at all, 0 alarm frames, 0 total score, 0 Avg. score, 0 Max. score, thus there is no triggering on the zones. But it still keeps recording and recording...

What could be causing this? The machine is a bit low on performance (it's a test install to learn zm), but I can't see how that would cause triggering of Continuous events?

I'm on Debian Wheezy and the machines is a fresh install (I previously had it running Squeezy, with correctly working zm, but since it's a slow machine I decided on a fresh install instead of an upgrade).

In the log the only clue I can see is

Code: Select all

Sep 25 12:24:15 watcher zma_m1[25201]: INF [IP-kamera-2: 002 - Opening new event 55, section start]
but it doesn't tell me WHY it's opening av new event.
m0m0

Re: ZM creates Continuous events in Mocord mode

Post by m0m0 »

See monitor setup to "Other" tab.
"Lenght section" is time in second of event in mocord..

Also look in "option" tab "configure" line "event_close_mode", is very useful for configuring and isolation of the event in Mocord mode.

Bye
Nerre

Post by Nerre »

But how would the length of events have anything to do with this? There is no alarm, thus zm should not record any event.

The question is not why zm does not stop the recording, the question is why it starts it when there is no alarm.

The log line shown above occurs immediately when I switch to Mocord from Monitor, it's not a continuation of an event.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

What you're discribing is normal for Mocord. Try selecting Modect instead. Wiki covers the difference between the two
Nerre

Post by Nerre »

Ah, I was so sure that Modect didn't record any frames... *facepalm*