ZM 1.25 on Fedora 20

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
BiloxiGeek

ZM 1.25 on Fedora 20

Post by BiloxiGeek »

This is a fresh Fedora 20 install, followed the F18 instructions on the wiki but something isn't right. When I have the console up and look at the log I see lots of errors like the ones below.

Code: Select all

zmwatch	10351	ERR	Can't open memory map file '/dev/shm/zm.mmap.1': No such file or directory
zmdc	10281	ERR	'zma -m 1' exited abnormally, exit status 255	zmdc.pl	
zma_m1	10539	FAT	You must have ffmpeg libraries installed to use remote camera protocol 'rtsp' for monitor 1
I have ffmpeg version N-60859-g313a6c6 installed, it seems to be fine but I can't tell if there's an issue with zm, ffmpeg, both or something completely unrelated. The camera I'm using is a Grandstream GXV-3672-FHD. I can access the camera with no issues using the GSurf software so at least I can rule out broken camera and no network.

Does anyone have a Fedora 20 specific list of steps to get zm running and working? Or maybe just some troubleshooting steps to help me locate where I've gone wrong.

Hint: If Centos would be noticeably easier to set up I'd be more than willing to give it another try. I did try it once using the wiki intructions but as I recall I ended up in pretty much the same state. No video when trying to monitor and lots of errors in the log.

Extra info: Just loaded up vlc, clicked "Open network stream", put in "rtsp://<cameras IP>:554" and I can see live video coming from the camera with no problem.
taleigo

Re: ZM 1.25 on Fedora 20

Post by taleigo »

hey

i am using fedora 20, all my installation was sussesful, and i am getting camera problems.
its all well configured right and camera turns on but shows no image..
can u help me since we both using fedora 20?
btw, im using zoneminder 1.25

thanks
bb99

Re: ZM 1.25 on Fedora 20

Post by bb99 »

Might help you upgrade to the latest: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=21400

RPMs are reported to work with Fedora 20