Remote ZM-Console - no event-stream / path ZMS ?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
Centaurus17

Remote ZM-Console - no event-stream / path ZMS ?

Post by Centaurus17 »

Hi,

I installed ZM on a Debian-Wheezy-Server - it seems it works well :) . Now I want to manage ZM remote from another PC (Windows): I can start the ZM-Console remote with 'http://myserver-IP/zm', the console does work, I can set options, I see the live-video when I chose a cam ('name' in the main window) - but when I try to view an event, no event(jpeg)-stream is shown.

Iceweasel (= Firefox) on the Debian-Wheezy-Server can handle this streams - why not Firefox on the Windows-PC over the network?

Thx for a hint how I can get working the event-stream on the remote-PC.
Centaurus17
Last edited by Centaurus17 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
nixnooi

Re: Remote administration - no event-stream

Post by nixnooi »

I just found below info on the forum - but only because I suspected AUTH. This should be posted sticky in large letters.

Apparently when you turn on OPT_USE_AUTH when using cambozola it breaks due to the Options ----> System ----> AUTH_RELAY not being set to "none" for whatever reason.

I turned on OPT_USE_AUTH and it broke video. Then I found this post and tried AUTH_RELAY = none with OPT_USE_AUTH and it seems to work.
Centaurus17

Post by Centaurus17 »

nixnooi wrote:Apparently when you turn on OPT_USE_AUTH when using cambozola ...
Thanks for answering. But I cannot follow you - where should be cambozola and his options? On the Wheezy-(ZM)-Server I did not see any service 'cambozola' (sorry, I'm a newbie).

2nd try to explain: I have
  • One server on Wheezy with ZM - let us call him Wheezy-1.
  • Then I have (for testing) a second pc with Wheezy with ZM installed - Wheezy-2.
  • And then I have a Windows-PC.
When I start the local ZM-Console on Wheezy-1 - it works well. When I start Wheezy-2's remote ZM-Console from Wheezy-1 (or the Windows-PC/Firefox) over the network (http://Server-IP/zm) - the ZM-Console works, the live-stream works - but the events (JPEG-stream) are not shown.

At least on Wheezy-1 should be all necessary things installed to show the events-JPEG-Stream - because the event-datas from the local ZM are shown. Why not the events from the remote system?

Thx
Centaurus17

ADDITIONAL: sorry - ich have to correct: on Wheezy-2 (local) is the event-stream also not shown! There must be another problem ... maybe in connection with setting a path on this machine(?).
Last edited by Centaurus17 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Centaurus17

Post by Centaurus17 »

Summary at Wheezy-2: live view ist OK, events are logged - OK, but no events can be shown. I found in the syslog:

Code: Select all

Jan 19 11:51:25 debianserver zms[5972]: ERR [Can't open /usr/share/zoneminder//mnt/WDAV25/zoneminder_events/1/14/01/17/20/17/17/001-capture.jpg: No such file or directory]
Jan 19 11:51:28 debianserver web_php[2586]: ERR [socket_sendto( /tmp/zm/zms-520794s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory] 
Any idea how to fix it? I hope when this is fixed the remote viewing of the events will work too.

In the path I have '/mnt/WDAV25/zoneminder_events' ... and the files are there! Why zms will open '/usr/share/zoneminder//mnt/WDAV25/zoneminder_events....' ... ???

Thx
Centaurus17
Centaurus17

Re: Remote ZM-Console - no event-stream / path ZMS ?

Post by Centaurus17 »

I changed the thread-title - the missing event-stream causes in the ZMS-path-setting.

In the options I setted 'DIR_EVENTS' to a mounted HDD - the recording does work. The reading with ZMS not - see posting/ERR-log before. I did not find why ZMS cannot read the ZM-Option 'DIR_EVENTS' or where to set the path for ZMS - in the meantime I did following: I swithed back the setting for 'DIR_EVENTS' to the original 'events' - and instead of /usr/share/zoneminder/events I placed a symbolic link to my mounted HDD. Now it works.

I know this is a 'workaround' - if anybody gives a hint, how the path for ZMS should be set correctly...?

Thx
nixnooi

Post by nixnooi »

According to this - you did the right thing

ZM_DIR_EVENTS

This is the path to the events directory where all the event images and other miscellaneous files are stored. It is normally given as a subdirectory of the web directory you have specified earlier however if disk space is tight it can reside on another partition in which case you should create a link from that area to the path you give here.

It seems the code only allows you to specify a sub directory of the expected /usr/share/zoneminder/ - so you can not send the stuff to an entirely different mount point. You did good! You created a link from that area to the path you give here. Well done.
Centaurus17

Post by Centaurus17 »

Thanks, nixnooi, :D