No Live View after Installation

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
wussery

No Live View after Installation

Post by wussery »

I have two Foscam FI8910W IP Cameras and can view them remotely via my no-ip url and port number via Firefox or Chrome and the Foscam Application. I have ZM 1.25 installed and have configured one camera and show orange light for Function, Red Light for Source and appears to grey light for Name. I have several errors showing in my log file, but don't know how to resolve them.

I am using Linux Mint 15 with Cinnamon on a Dell Laptop. I have followed several Youtube Videos for installing Zoneminder, but can't get my live view to load. I am attaching my log file, if someone would like to review it.

Thanks in advance.

My apologies, if this is a duplicate message as I am having a problem with the uploading of my log file.
Attachments
zm-log.txt.tar.gz
Zoneminder Log file.
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
wussery

Re: No Live View after Installation

Post by wussery »

After doing some digging around here I found this:

If you are using the most recent version of Mint you will run into the same problems we have with Ubuntu 13.10. I recommend you go back to Mint 13 then use the How-To located at: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... 04_Desktop

Is there no hope for me on Linux Mint 15? Going back to Mint 13 is not an option for me.
wussery

Post by wussery »

Anybody????
matt.usmc

Post by matt.usmc »

check PM
nixnooi

Post by nixnooi »

me too!

On a bit of a whim I decided to install Fedora 20 on my zm server. My intention was to upgrade everything software. I installed zoneminder from rpms. So now I am at v1.25.0.

I had to add zmuser & pass manually and run the /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql

I can get the web interface up, but when I try and show the monitors there is no live view. Seems it has been a long time since I installed zm, because I can't even think where to dig.

I have cambozola-0.93-1.fc20.noarch installed.
I have java installed

# rpm -qa | grep java
python-javapackages-3.4.1-1.fc20.noarch
java-1.7.0-openjdk-headless-1.7.0.60-2.4.3.0.fc20.i686
tzdata-java-2013i-1.fc20.noarch
javapackages-tools-3.4.1-1.fc20.noarch
java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.60-2.4.3.0.fc20.i686

I can't find any useful errors.

I have this one ... but for some reason I feel like I've had it before and it can be ignored.
Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd9

------------------------------------
update
on fedora with rsyslog - you can make that annoying error go away by getting rsyslog to drop it:

I made a file /etc/rsyslog.d/jpeg.conf - with one line in

# cat /etc/rsyslog.d/jpeg.conf
:msg, contains, "extraneous bytes before marker" ~

I abandoned fedora 20 for zoneminder when I found that there is indeed am issue on Fedora 18 - I assume it lives on in Fedora 20
ffmpeg libraries from Fedora rpms do not work with zm. You have to install from source (yuck).

also I discovered that turning on web auth breaks video - this needs to be posted in huge letters all over

Apparently when you turn on OPT_USE_AUTH when using cambozola it breaks due to the Options ----> System ----> AUTH_RELAY not being set to "none" for whatever reason.
Last edited by nixnooi on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wussery

Post by wussery »

It appears that my problem on Linux Lite was that zoneminder was not running even though I could open up the GUI. I clicked on the Stopped link and it turned to Running. I am now able to view my one camera that is installed. I am having one issue and I'm not sure if this is a feature. Every 20-30 seconds the screen Live Video feed goes completely Blue for 1-2 seconds and then refreshes to the Live Image feed.

Is this normal or is there a setting that I need to modify to gid rid of this behavour? I have already modified my:

kernel.shmall = 268435456
kernel.shmmax = 268435456

Is there a command to automatically start zoneminder so I don't have to click on the link in the GUI?
mikb

Post by mikb »

wussery wrote: Is there a command to automatically start zoneminder so I don't have to click on the link in the GUI?
Yes, depends on your particular system though.

On mine (Slackware), the file /etc/rc.d/rc.local starts up stuff that needs doing on boot. At the tail end ... I have ...

Code: Select all

#
# Start ZoneMinder
#
# Get more shared memory
echo 20300000 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
echo 34650 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmall
# Fix dropped packets with increased buffers, was 256
ethtool -G eth0 rx 1020 
#
/usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl start
And a corresponding one to shut it down on reboot! (Called /etc/rc.d/rc.local_shutdown)

Code: Select all

/usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl stop
Your distribution must have something similar.