Video white window using Firefox, IE works fine

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
PAJ3Cub

Video white window using Firefox, IE works fine

Post by PAJ3Cub »

Hello all. I've just installed ZoneMinder 1.25.0 on an Ubuntu 12.04LTS desktop system. I was running it fine on a Ubuntu 12.04LTS Server with no issues.

Using Internet Explorer 9.0, everything works fine. However, my main browser choice is FireFox (ver 25.0 currently installed) and I only get a white window while viewing live video or playback.

I believe that I have all of the required modules installed, including ffmpeg and Cambozola.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
PAJ3Cub

Re: Video white window using Firefox, IE works fine

Post by PAJ3Cub »

Please disregard. I had the brilliant idea of trying it from another PC using Firefox, and it works. So, there is something on the first PC that is interfering, and it's not a Zoneminder issue.

WOWaccess

Post by WOWaccess »

Have you ever had an issue where u can see live video, but you cant view event recordings?
WOWaccess

Post by WOWaccess »

Have you ever had an issue where u can see live video, but you cant view event recordings?
PAJ3Cub

Post by PAJ3Cub »

WOWaccess wrote:Have you ever had an issue where u can see live video, but you cant view event recordings?
I have not.

In my case, I could see everything except the video window. I was able to see that recording were taking place because of the event data, time, date, ID, events, etc, and I was able to click the links to play the recordings, but again, only a white window where the video should have appeared.

My issue turned out to be one of two spyware (for lack of a better term) applications that were installed when ImgBurn was installed. These programs, SendoriService and Protexis Licensing Service, were causing my issue with Firefox. Everything is working as it should with these programs removed.